Greenpoint Beer & Ale has a bigger than big Oktoberfest for Sept. 23rd through Oct. 1st! Tapping 2 super rare gravity kegs from Franconia and featuring 4 guest drafts from Munich, Mahrs Saphire Weisse, Monchshof Festbier & Ayinger Oktoberfest. Mug holding contest at 5 PM each Saturday! Come dressed in an Oktoberfest costume and receive a complimentary beer. Oktoberfest food specials include Sausages with Red Cabbage and Schnitzel. (sponsored)
* Chuffed.org Crowdfunding for Social Causes Workshop @ New Woman Space (188 Woodpoint Rd), 6pm, $65, Get an intro to Crowdfunding & learn the secrets of what it takes to run a successful campaign on Chuffed.org, Buy tix * Lunation Kundalini Shakti Transmission New Moon In Virgo @ Golden Drum (97 Green St), 7:30pm, $25, The New Moon traveling through Virgo urges us to reactivate or restore something through practicality, sensibility, and stability, Buy tix ♫ Little Gorgeous (Bee-Bop) @ Troost (1011 Manhattan Ave), 8pm, FREE, More info
* Bowl Hashanah: Rosh Hashanah with Rabbi Dan Ain and The Sway Machinery’s Jeremiah Lockwood @ Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe Ave), 10am, $90, Morning services, Torah reading, Shofar blowing, prayer, meditation,& vegetarian/dairy lunch from Blue Ribbon, Buy tix ^ Where the Animals Go: Tracking Wildlife with Technology in 50 Maps and Graphics @ Leonard Library (81 Devoe St), 6:30pm, FREE, “Where the Animals Go” investigates and illustrates the intersection of data technology and animal migration, revealing the natural world as never before, RSVP * Green Witch: Herbs & Ritual for the Autumnal Equinox @ Root Mamma (236 Richardson St),Practice rituals in grieving what/who we have lost, in an effort to compost with love and start fresh, 7:30pm, $20, RSVP ♫ Cold Beat, War Bubble, Liberation @ The Park Church Co-op (129 Russell St), 8pm, $12, Buy tix Continue reading →
TASTE Williamsburg Greenpoint 2017 is back in its 8th year for another block-party-style event in East River State Park (90 Kent Ave), featuring tastes from over 40 of the neighborhood’s best spots, live music, demonstrations and much, much more! Greenpointers get 40% off tickets!
♫ Wilder Maker // Big Search // Jesse Harris @ Rough Trade (64 N 9th St), 7pm, $10, Wilder Maker’s songs keenly observe landscapes of desire and abandon, filled with colorful characters and street revelations, Buy tix ♦ MAG Exhibition Opening Reception @ C’mon Everybody (325 Franklin Ave), 7pm, FREE, Molly Goldfarb’s is filling C’mon Everybody’s renovated gallery space for a solo show full of brand new works, More info ♫ NE-HI, Honduras, Gymshorts @ Alphaville (140 Wilson Ave), 8pm, $10, Buy tix
THURSDAY 9/14 ^ Ben Blum presents Ranger Games with Matt Gallagher @ WORD (126 Franklin St), 7pm, FREE, In his final hours of leave, Alex Blum, with two fellow soldiers and two strangers, drove to a local bank in Tacoma, and committed armed robbery, More info # Pizza Night @ Archestratus Books + Food (160 Huron St), 7pm, $19, Pick your toppings to create the personal pizza of your dreams! We have gluten-free crusts, too!, More info ♫ The Meadows Official Afterparty ft. Big Wild @ Schimanski (54 N 11th St), 8pm, $22, Buy tix * Pop-up Ironing @ Brooklyn Safehouse (120 Franklin St), 9pm, FREE, Jeremy Hook is setting up a ironing board and wants to help you fix your rumpled duds. Continue reading →
WEDNESDAY 9/6 * Awaken + Activate with Rockstar Shaman @ The William Vale (111 N 12th St), 7pm, $20, Join us as Alyson Charles guides a meditation, card reading & a chakra healing so you can deepen your connection to your purpose here on Earth, Buy tix ♫ Sofar Sounds @ Secret Location, 8pm, $15, An intimate concert in a secret Greenpoint location & BYOB. (use code GREENPOINTERS-5B7D8), More info * Ismay Ousten & Avery Leigh’s Night Palace @ Magick City (37 Box St), 8:30pm, FREE, A night of shimmery full moon magic with dreamy kombucha cocktails & sweet, intimate vibes, More info ♦ Michael Jackson’s Moonwalker @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave), 9pm, FREE, Concert footage, concept videos and a career retrospective make up a video portrait of pop superstar Michael Jackson, More info
THURSDAY 9/7 * North Brooklyn L Train Council Candidates & Com. Partners Forum @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave), 6:30pm, FREE, This is your chance to ask questions and get answers about how your local leaders plan to navigate the coming shutdown, More info ♫ Goldie Awards 1st Annual DJ & Beat Battle @ Brooklyn Steel (319 Frost St), 7pm, $20, Hosted by Dave East, Presented by A-Trak. Judges: Diplo, Mannie Fresh, Craze, Destructo, Just Blaze, Mija, & The Whooligan, Buy tix # Rachel Baiman & Nathan Xander @ Union Pool (484 Union Ave), 8pm, $10, Buy tix Continue reading →
WEDNESDAY 8/23 ♫ Ed Askew Band, Andrew Cedermark, New Love Crowd @ North Brooklyn Farms (320 Kent Ave), 7pm, $5, More info ☺ Brooklyn Comedy Festival, We Bee Spelling @ Union Pool (484 Union Ave), 8pm, $10, Comedy Spelling Bee Game Show Supporting Human Rights with Alex Greer, Will Miles, Tom Cowell & Casey James Salengo, Buy tix
THURSDAY 8/24 ♫ Point Break Comes Alive! @ Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe Ave), 6pm, $10, Point Break in all it’s ultimate glory with a live surf rock soundtrack!, Insidious Rays, Buy tix ♫ Handpan Workshop with Nadishana @ Golden Drum (97 Green St), 7pm, $35, Learn new techniques, rhythms, and percussion elements with Siberian virtuoso Nadishana, Buy tix ♦ Neighborhood Food Drive (Q&A with Director Jerzy Rose) @ Nitehawk Cinema (136 Metropolitan Ave), 7:30pm, $16, (trailer), Buy tix Continue reading →
WEDNESDAY 8/16 ♦ SummerScreen: I Know What You Did Last Summer @ McCarren Park, 6pm, FREE, Let’s toast … to us, to our last summer of immature, adolescent decadence, and to the final SummerScreen of the season, More info ♫ Big Huge, Velveteen Rabbit, Barbed Wire, Navy Gangs @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave), 8pm, $10, Buy tix
THURSDAY 8/17 # Burmese Food Fest @ Rangoon NoodleLab (24 St. Nicholas Ave), 5pm, FREE, More info ♦ The Russians Are Coming: Red Dawn @ Videology (308 Bedford Ave), 9pm, $12,Watch the classic tale of how teenagers save the world from evil Soviet forces. Because we all need a little Patrick Swayze right about now, Buy tix ♫ DJ Bone, Analog Soul, Sofia Kourtesis, M Parent @ Good Room (98 Meserole Ave), 10pm, $15, DJ Bone is steeped in Detroit history and is amongst the most technically accomplished techno DJs in the world, Buy tix Continue reading →
Hey hey Greenpointers! Have you got your bells on yet? If not, you better do it soon because Williamsburg’s first ever Gay Pride Festival is popping this Saturday, June 20th, and trust us you’re not going to want to miss this event!
A couple of weeks back we let you all know many people in the hood thought it was high time North Brooklyn had their own gay affair to remember. A who’s who of list of awesome local businesses have stepped up to the plate and are hard at work behind the scenes to make this Saturday’s event a raging success.
But as a media sponsor of the North Brooklyn’s Gay Pride Festival, we here at Greenpointers would be remiss if we didn’t let our kind readers know, this event is in desperate need of our help.
Right now, at this very moment, festival organizers are on the hunt for volunteers. Whether you are straight or gay, lesbian or asexual, it doesn’t matter. All they need are kind souls willing to spare a few hours to help make Saturday’s festival a success.
As of now event organizers are looking for help in the following areas:
Setting up and breaking down tables before and after the event
Be a point person during the festival and help answer questions
Help selling various merchandise
If you have a free set of hands and are willing to donate a few hours to make this an insanely awesome event, organizers would love to hear from you.
WEDNESDAY 6/03 ^ Word Presents Bourbon Empire @ Ramona Bar (113 Franklin St) 6:30pm, FREE, Author Reid Mitenbuler will speak about his book and sign copies during happy hour, More info * Broken Land 2-Year Anniversary@ Broken Land (105 Franklin St) 9pm, FREE, Featuring drink specials and DJs Jackie Roman, Zachary Lipez, and Jonathan Toubin, RSVP
WEDNESDAY 4/15 * Sewing 101: Make a Skirt @ Brooklyn Craft Company (61 Greenpoint Ave) 6:30pm, $85, Sewing for total beginners: you’ll leave class with a finished elastic-waisted skirt, More info ♦ Collective Delusions / Mass Hysteria @ Living Gallery (1094 Broadway) 8:30pm, FREE, A group show featuring 15 female artists involved in the punk, hardcore, noise, and underground art scenes, RSVP Continue reading →
* Burned out Buildings, Take Berlin, and Kicking out Money-Changers @ Parables (334 South 5th St) 7pm, $15, Learn the stories and sounds of your neighborhood, through local storytellers, musicians, and interactive art, RSVP * Everything’s Coming UpProfits @Spectacle Theater (124 South 3rd St) 8pm, $5, An evening of corporate ephemera with Steve Young sharing delightfully catchy, weird, and excruciatingly rare gems, More info Continue reading →
WEDNESDAY 2/11 * Poets at the Yard @ The Yard Williamsburg (33 Nassau Ave) 7pm, FREE, Featuring Russell Dillon / Mary Donnelly / Megin Jimenez / Nicholas Adamski, More info
* Verbal Fight Club @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St) 8:30pm, $?, A space where we can test our own level of endurance and conviction on current issues of great (or little) importance, RSVP * Across the Hall @ The Hive NYC (20 Cook St) 9pm, $15, Adapted from a film of the same name, this play weaves a suspenseful tale of love, trust, and friendship, More info
THURSDAY 2/12 ♦ The Reject Show @ The Living Gallery (1094 Broadway) 5pm, FREE, A group show featuring printmaking, sculpture, painting, digital art, virtual reality art, and more, RSVP
* Flux Thursday @ Flux Factory (39-31 29th St) 8pm, FREE, Flux’s monthly art salon and potluck, featuring presentations by Wieteke Heldens, Kayti Didriksen, Duo Clakula, and the keepers of the Exquisite Contraption, More info ♫ No Smoking Media Presents MUNCHIES @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St) 8:30pm, FREE, With Veda Rays / Whitewash / Bodega Bay / Young Runner / Lonesome Nick, RSVP