♫ Busty and the Bass @ Rough Trade (64 N 9th St.), 7pm, $20, Buy Tix ♫ The Midnight @ Brooklyn Steel (319 Frost St.), 8pm, $26, Buy tix ♫ Lost Girls (Jenny Hval & Håvard Volden – North American Debut) @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave.), 8pm, $20, Buy Tix ♫ Exek / Richard Papiercuts / Orion / DJ Zack Lipez @ St. Vitus (1120 Manhattan Ave.), 11pm, $12, Buy Tix
* 2018 NAG Gala @ BIBA Brooklyn (110 Kent Ave.) 7pm, $125+, the evening will recognize NAG’s history, activism and advocacy, and share the future of their work in Greenpoint and Williamsburg, Buy Tix ♫ Material Support & Namatay Sa Ingay record release/benefit show @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave.), 7pm, $10, more info ♫ AcousticaElectronica with ToUch Performance Art @ House of Yes (2 Wyckoff Ave.), 7pm, $29-49, Buy Tix ♫ Quantic with Underground System (live) plus The Funky Seshwa @ Good Room (98 Meserole Ave.), 10pm, $15-20, Buy Tix
♦ Williamsburg Special Gallery Evening @ Williamsburg, 6pm, FREE, Williamsburg second Fridays are back. Six galleries will stay open late, expect art, music abd events, More Info ♫ The Roller Wave: Roller Disco @ House of Yes (2 Wyckoff Ave.), 6pm, $10 Buy Tix ♫ Luna Fox: Phases 4@ The Park Church Co-op (129 Russell St.), 8pm, $6-8, Buy Tix ♫ Dance With The Dead, Daniel Deluxe, Valentine @ The Knitting Factory (361 Metropolitan Ave.), 9pm, $20, Buy Tix
# CLASS: No Doubt Sauerkraut for Oktoberfest @ Archestratus (160 Huron St.), 10am, $50, Each student will learn three different ways to make kraut and create their own jar to take home to enjoy later. Plus, in the spirit of Oktoberfest, share a meal of local polish kielbasa smothered in ferments, mustard, and drink seasonal beer (yes, for breakfast-ish.) Buy Tix * Plant Daffodils in Transmitter Park Fall 2018 @ Transmitter Park (Greenpoint Ave.), 10am, FREE, Tools & refreshments will be provided, More Info ♦ Shorts Block: FEMALE CINEMATOGRAPHER | #Bushwick2018 @ LightSpace Studios (130 Thames St.), 2:35pm, $13, Buy Tix ♫ Synthesis by Undermind @ Bogart House (230 Bogart St.), 10pm, FREE, Join Undermind for its launch party: Synthesis by Undermind. The night will be divided into three chapters, each with custom vibes and visuals, More Info
* Get to the Point 5K Run @ St. Stanislaus Kostka Catholic Academy (12 Newel St.), 10:30am, $20-45, children’s races at 10:30, 5k at 1, pre and post-race party! Buy Tix ♦ The Addams Family with Wednesday’s Lemonade @ Videology (308 Bedford Ave.), 5pm, $22,Buy Tix ♫ CALLS, Coastlands, Akari, Corpse Meditation @ Gold Sounds (44 Wilson Ave.), 6:30pm, $8, Buy Tix ♫ Love & Respect V: A Funky Soul Rebellion @ The Good Room (98 Meserole Ave.), 7pm, $5 before 8pm, $10 after, More Info
♫ Terror Harms Way Backtrack Year Of The Knife Candy and Ekulu @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave.), 6pm, $14-16, Buy Tix # Case Vecchie Riunione with Fabrizia Lanza, David Tanis and Maira Kalman @ Archestratus (160 Huron St.), 7pm, $25, join the empress of Sicily’s most famous cooking school, Fabrizia Lanza of Case Vecchie di Regaleali, for a rare “Riunione” with her former students and brilliant friends David Tanis and Maira Kalman, Buy Tix ♫ Speakeasy Streets + The Nevermind Orchestra @ Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe Ave.), 7pm, $8, Buy tix ♫ Told Slant + Lily Konigsberg + Felicia Douglass + Franz Charcoal @ The Park Church Co-op (129 Russell St.), 7pm, $12-15, Buy Tix
♫ The Milk Carton Kids @ Brooklyn Steel (319 Frost St.), 7pm, $30-125, Buy Tix ♦ Reconstructing the 1938 International Amateur Movie Show @ Light Industry (155 Freeman St.), 7pm, $8, presenting 6 films originally shown in 1938, More Info ♫ ASTOR (UK/Aus), Lary 7, Spencer Herbst, Skydiver @ Union Pool (484 Union Ave.), 8pm, $10, Buy Tix
* Greenpointers Pick ♫ Music ^ Literary Event ♦ Art & Film ☺ Comedy Event # Foodie Event ♥ Pheremones Likely
At just $8 for tix ($10 at the door), this show is going to melt faces, blow your mind, hypnotize, and bring magic to the badge-less and budget conscious. So come rock out with Grim Streaker, Native Sun, Lola Pistola, and YAASSS to start your Saturday festivities.
It’s that time of year again when the Northside Festival brings an epic summer week of music and technology to the neighborhood. Our annual official showcase at Bar Matchless (RIP) is not happening since it has closed down but we are super excited that Supercrush has teamed up with our sister site, Brokelyn and put together a dope line up for an official showcase at The Knitting Factory (361 Metropolitan Ave)!
With Grim Streaker, Native Sun, Lola Pistola, and Yaasss there’s going to be a well rounded range of music from noise meets skate goth, loud and melodic indie rock, dream pop and alt-grunge, to kinky glam psych rock.
♫ 7 Minutes In Heaven, Six Stories Told, Out Of It and more @The Kingsland (269 Norman Ave), 6pm, $10, Buy Tix ♫ The Afghan Whigs & Built to Spill @Brooklyn Steel (319 Frost St.), 7pm, $40, Buy Tix ^ The Big Big: Staged Reading + Puppet Demo @Areté Venue and Gallery (67 West St. #103), 7:30pm, FREE, A bittersweet non-romantic love story about fear, lies, Asian American identity, and the great outdoors, More Info ♦ The Master — Free Screening @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Avenue), 8pm, FREE, Staring Joaquin Phoenix and Philip Seymour Hoffman, More Info
♦ See Change @ Williamsburgh Library (240 Division Ave), 5:30pm, a solo exhibit of new works by Tara DePorte, FREE, More Info ^ Birding at the Bridge @Kingsland Wildflowers (520 Kingsland Avenue), 6pm, FREE,Heather Wolf shares tips for birding in Brooklyn and talks about her book Birding at the Bridge: In Search of Every Bird on the Brooklyn Waterfront. More Info # Why Chopsticks? @MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $20-25, A History and Culture of Chopsticks, Buy Tix # Sfincione Night @Archestratus (160 Huron St.), 7pm, $18, An evening of Sicilian-style Pizza! RSVP ♫ Nap Eyes, She Devils @ Zone One at Elsewhere (599 Johnson Ave), 8pm, $10-12, Buy TixContinue reading →
Shared Living, Better Living @ADO (29 Norman Ave), 6:30pm, FREE, A lively panel discussion about the challenges and opportunities presented by shared living, More Info ♦ Paint Nite @ Sick Willie (174 Meserole Ave), 7pm, $65, Our Social Painting Instructor guides you step-by-step through the featured painting in about two hours. Buy Tix ^ Okoyomon / Hamilton / Hodson @Spoonbill Series (99 Montrose Ave), 7pm, FREE, A reading curated by Coco Fitterman, More info * TRIVIA NIGHT @ Archestratus (160 Huron St.), 8pm, FREE, Trivia with our news editor! Expect categories to be various, beer innumerable, arancine aplenty, RSVP
# Passover Seder Potluck @The Park Church Co-op (129 Russell St), 6pm, FREE, More Info. Blending Herbal Smokes @Catland (987 Flushing Ave), 7pm, $20,In this workshop we will discuss the various herbs which are safe to be burnt and inhaled to manifest our highest intentions, Buy Tix ☺ New Comedy Project With Greenport Harbor Brewing @ The New Work Project (97 North 10th St), 7:30 pm, $10, Comedians you’ve seen on Comedy Central, Conan, MTV & more join us at The New Work Project for a night of comedy and free refreshments provided by Greenport Harbor Brewing, Buy tix ♫ The Rocket Queens (GNR Tribute), Wildstreet, FerreTT @ St. Vitus (1120 Manhattan Avenue), 7:30pm, $8-12, Buy tix ♦ Gentrification Express Screening @Sunview Luncheonette (221 Nassau Ave), 7:30pm, FREE,”Gentrification Express: Breaking Down the BQX” and other short films, More Info
# Global Tea Hut monthly gathering @ Puerh Brooklyn Tea Shop (174 Grand Street), 6pm, $5 suggested, Join our tea community for a relaxed gathering over tea. Open to all., More info ♦ The Simpsons Bingo @ Videology (308 Bedford Avenue), 6:45pm, FREE, It’s time for The Simpsons bingo! What better way to celebrate the longest running TV comedy of all time than with a good old ding-dong-diddily game of BINGO? Every Wednesday night we’ll be watching The Simpsons and playing BINGO. Watch for things like Duff beer, celebrity cameos, and the Itchy and Scratchy show. Listen for quotes like “D’oh!” “Eat my shorts!” and “Excellent…” Get a BINGO and you’ll win a free drink (or doughnut that makes you go “Mmmm”)! More info ♫ Crowbar Artificial Brain Extinction A.D Kings Destroy Sunro @Brooklyn Bazzar (150 Greenpoint Avenue), 8pm, $14, Buy Tix ♫ Easy @Union Pool (848 Union Avenue), 8pm, $10-12, More info
* Juggling Taxes for Freelancers @ The Muse (350 Moffat St.), 5:00pm, FREE, Are you self-employed? Do you receive 1099s? Do you file a Schedule C? Then this class is for you – Brooklyn Coop wants to help you SAVE on your taxes! RSVP *# Edible Landscaping with Hortus Conclusus @ Lonard Library (81 Devoe St.), 6:30pm, FREE, With spring just around the corner, this edition of the Green Series features members from Hortus Conclusus, a Level II Arboretum, who teach us how to landscape our backyard garden using a rich diversity of edible fruiting plants from around the world, including the under-appreciated wild fruit from New York State’s native forest. RSVP ♫ Moon Tooth/Without Waves/Disparager/Juan Bond @ St. Vitus (1120 Manhattan Ave.), 7:00 pm, $10, Buy tix ♦ What is the Model City? @ UnionDocs (322 Union Avenue), 7:30pm, $10, Join architect and historian Susanne Schindler as she explains the origins, trajectory and legacies of the Great Society program launched in 1966, Buy tix ♫ Playing with Shadows: Drink and Draw @ Naive (299 South 4th Street), 8:30pm, $15, Joing us for a glass of wine, our relaxed, social vibe and two sessions with a semi-clothed model are all included in the price of the ticket. There won’t be an instructor, but a professional artist will be on hand to answer any questions you might have. You should bring your own supplies, but we will have pencils, printer paper and crayons on hand if you forget, More info Continue reading →
♫ Wha U Think Eye Rap 4? @ GAMBA Forest (17 Division Pl), 8pm, FREE, Join the most cutting edge emcees at the forefront of the NYC indie hip-hop scene and for a lively discussion where they get to express their POV about craft, culture and where hip-hop actually lives today, More info ☺ Wee Winged Wonders @ Vital Joint (109 Meserole St), 8pm, $5, An Evening of Comedy About Bees and Butterflies and That’s It. Hosted by Joe Rumrill and Andrew Tisher, More info ♫ Kali Masi, Language, My Kind of Fire, Make August Count @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St), 8pm, $8, Buy tix
♫ Rainer Maria, The Van Pelt, Gold Dime @ Elsewhere (599 Johnson Ave), 7pm, $20, Buy tix ♫ Orrin, That Boy Miles, Warren Wolfe, SHUG @ Secret Project Robot (1186 Broadway), 8pm, $8, *also* free beer from The Bronx Brewery, Buy tix ♫ Lola Kirke, Breanna Barbara, Hannah Read, Melodie Stancato @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave), 8pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ Cuddle Magic, Tigue, Tōth @ Baby’s All Right (146 Broadway), 8pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ Quantic residency with DJ Taye @ Good Room (98 Meserole Ave), 10pm, $10, Quantic’s Good Room residency will be a homestead for playing his own unique sound of tropical-soul and electronic polyrhythm as well as championing future sounds & past obscurities, Buy tixContinue reading →
Flip Cupid the bird and celebrate singledom at the skint’s Third Annual “It’s Friday, I’m (Not) in Love” Anti-Valentine’s Party on Friday, February 9th at littlefield (635 Sackett St).
Hug yourself and sway as the aptly-named DJ Gordon Gloom (Feeling Gloomy, YDH2S) spins songs of heartache and desire from the 80s to today. Purge your emotional baggage with our cleansing anti-love ritual. Use our photo booth to show the world (and your exes) how much better you’re doing on your own. Lubricate yourself with themed drink specials.
Dress in black. All black. Only black. Creativity will be rewarded. $7 in advance, $10 at the door. Buy tix[sponsored]
^ Author Talk: Thomas Werner “The Fashion Image” @ A/D/O (29 Norman Ave), 6:30pm, FREE, Acclaimed curator, former owner of Thomas Werner Gallery, Photography Program Director at Parsons School of Design, and Editor-at-Large of Paris-based IRK magazine, Werner shares his insight into the fashion design process, More info ♫ The Warhawks // The Nuclears // Not Amused // Edna @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St), 7:30pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ Dervisi @ Troost (1011 Manhattan Ave), 8pm, FREE, Bittersweet melodies of passion and hashish from the old-time Greek Rembetika underworld, More info ☺ Limited Resources 14 @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St), 9pm, $6, Featuring Guillermo Pizarro (Philly), Richard Kamerman, Sandy Ewen, & Chris LiButti, More info
# Scandinavian Spirits @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $30, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Iceland share a spirited history of drinking traditions—most notably around aquavit. Learn about the world of Scandinavian spirits and the traditions that have grown up around them, Buy tix ♫ Girlpool @ Brooklyn Steel (319 Frost St), 8pm, $18, Buy tix # Same Same But Different @ Magick City (37 Box St), 7pm, $40, We are collaborating on a Cambo-Chino mashup of scents, flavors, and traditions to celebrate two distinct cultures that share the same passion for family, fun, and good food. (And pickled things.), Buy tix ♫ Whitney Fierce x Elle Dee @ Rose Gold (96 Morgan Ave), 10pm, FREE/$10, More infoContinue reading →
♫ Momentum/Rite of Wed: Bodywork / Hunter Vita / Nathan Kersaint @ TBA Brooklyn (395 Wythe Ave), 6pm, FREE, More info * Kokrobitey Institute Talk @ Wythe Hotel (80 Wythe Ave), 7pm, FREE, Elise McMahon and Sekou Neblett discuss their work together in Ghana surrounding how art and design play a role in the midst of a global discourse around sustainable development, RSVP * Kundalini Flow with Dani Katz @ Root Mamma (236 Richardson St), 7:30pm, $20, Exercise your body, mind, and spirit, open your channels, and live in a state of flow, RSVP ♫ Limited Resources 13 @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St), 9pm, $6, Our one year anniversary show! Featuring the soothing sounds of Chris Pitsiokos (Sax Destroyer), Tim Dahl (Bass Wrangler), and Kevin Shea (Drum Machine), More info
^ “The Woman in the Window” Book Launch @ Space Ninety 8 (98 N 6th St), 6:30pm, FREE, “The Woman in the Window” is a twisty, Hitchcockian psychological thriller about an agoraphobic woman who believes she witnessed a crime in a neighboring house, More info ☺ Branded Content Presents: PETCO @ Pine Box Rock Shop (12 Grattan St), 8pm, FREE, We’ll be wearing Louis Vuitton Leashes, serving complimentary milk bones, and presenting comedy, More info ♫ Frendzone! // Dorisburg (live) / Octo Octa / Kellam Matthews @ Good Room (98 Meserole Ave), 10pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ The Juan MacLean & Friends January Residency @ Rose Gold (96 Morgan Ave), 10pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ An All Star Tribute to ACDC at Brooklyn Bowl @ Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe Ave), 8pm, $12, Buy tixContinue reading →
* Day of the Ancestors (Dead) Celebration w/ Maestro Manuel Rufino @ Golden Drum (97 Green St), 6pm, FREE, Come and make PEACE with your ancestors, heal old relationships, make peace with the ones that left before us, reprogram your DNA. Forget, forgive, let go, More info ♫ Boris w/ Mutoid Man, Endon @ Warsaw (261 Driggs Ave), 8pm, $22, Buy tix ☺ Bazaar Comedy ft. Josh Johnson, Janelle James, Mookie Thompson and more! @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave), 8pm, $8, Hosted by Mookie Thompson and featuring nationally recognized acts with no drink minimum and no absurd ticket price. This is the real deal, More info ☺ Parks and Recreation Bingo @ Videology (308 Bedford Ave), 9pm, FREE, Watch for things like the Snakehole lounge, breakfast food, and portraits of Hillary Clinton. Listen for mentions of “Tammy,” “Duke Silver,” and “Mouserat.” Get a BINGO and you’ll win a free drink! More info
♫ Día de Los Muertos Happy Hour and Dance Party @ Cantina Royal (58 N 3rd St), 6:30pm, $50, Join Mixteca Organization for a celebration of life and the Day of the Dead. Mexican food and drinks and music by DJ Geko Jones! Proceeds will benefit Mixteca Organization’s legal and emotional health services for recently-arrived immigrants, Buy tix ♫ AVERSED/Circuitry/Dead City Crown/Animist/Suaka @ Bar Matchless (557 Manhattan Ave), 7pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ CF25: Kicking Giant, Pacific Ocean, Bridget St John, Honeybunch @ Union Pool (484 Union Ave), 8pm, $15, Buy tix Continue reading →