Oysters seem almost too sophisticated for such a holiday. It feels like we’re trying to class up the joint. Maybe we are? Either way, you should head to Greenpoint Fish & Lobster (114 Nassau Ave) for $1.50 Irish Point Oysters before doing all these other things. Continue reading
The 2017 Academy Awards will kick off this Sunday at 8:30pm. If you have the urge to watch from anywhere but your couch, here’s where you can watch it on big screens in our ‘hood.
Northern Territory | 12 Franklin St.
Northern Territory is hosting an Oscars blowout in collaboration with the best Meryl Streep-themed Instagram account ever, Taste of Streep. The watch party starts with the live red carpet pre-show at 7:00 with the main show starting at 8:30. Admission is free and you have a chance to walk away with some rad Taste of Streep goodies.
Humboldt & Jackson | 434 Humboldt St.
H&J is rolling out the red carpet (yes, an actual one) this Sunday for their Oscars viewing party. Don your best sparkles and tuxedos, ’cause there’s a best-dressed contest, too.
RSVP info here Continue reading
Radiant Reveries, Nosaj Thing, Hard Times Showcase, Super Bowl – What’s happening, Greenpoint? (2/1–2/7)
♦ Art Mart for Art Start @ Huckleberry Bar (588 Grand St) 6pm, FREE, Charity art sale to benefit art-start.org! Original pieces for sale at affordable prices ($40 cash-only). 2-1 wine and $5 rum cocktails, RSVP
♦ Craft Table @ Archestratus (160 Huron St) 7pm, FREE, #BYOWIPS (bring your own works-in-progress & supplies) and enjoy the company of fellow crafters as you knit, crochet, weave, cross-stitch, color or decoupage your way to la nirvana, RSVP
♦ Spaceballs Screening @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave) 8pm, FREE, Watch Spaceballs in the Main Ballroom! Full bar and restaurant menu open before after and during the movie, RSVP
# Jackson Diner Indian Pop-Up Dinner @ The Diamond (43 Franklin St) 7pm, Feast your eyes and your tummys with the famous Jackson Diner Indian, RSVP
♫ Radiant Reveries @Rough Trade NYC (64 North 9th St) 8pm, $10, Exploring the light and dark and spaces in between. 5 piece psychedelic folk rock band based in NYC, Buy tix
This is it, guys. This Sunday, the Super Bowl strikes again. Here’s where to watch the game, what to eat, and where you can pick up food for your house party!
Humboldt & Jackson | 434 Humboldt St.
Super Bowl viewing party & wing eating contest! The event starts at 5:45, kickoff at 6:30pm. The game will be shown on their massive 190” projector screen with surround sound. All you can eat wings for $20, tickets available now!
Lobster Joint | 1073 Manhattan Ave.
Free beer from 6pm till keg is kicked! Heated backyard! Buffalo wings, buffalo shrimp, seafood nachos, lobster sliders, 106″ projector screen.
Moonlight Mile | 200 Franklin St.
“That is right folks… Super Bowl at the mile in a way that only we can do… Arrive early and claim your spot. Great people, drinks, service and fun. Cheers and rock on Greenpoint!!”
If you want to erase all memories of 2016 via booze, hardcore dancing and from anywhere but your couch, here’s our list of where to party in North Brooklyn this New Years Eve. From prix fixe dinners to house music legends to open bars, to champagne toasts to confetti explosions and confessionals, we’ve got you covered. Some of these events are sold out already with waiting lists, but most of them aren’t… Yet. Assemble your crew!
Good Room | 98 Meserole Ave.
NYE Love Bombs, with dj’s Soul Clap, No Regular Play & Love Tempo; champagne toast at midnight and an open bar from 12-1am, balloon drop, confetti cannons and a breakfast buffet! 9pm-6am.
Tickets $65 available here, more info on Facebook.
Brooklyn Winery | 213 N 8th Street
Brooklyn Winery presents an Alice In Wonderland themed party titled World of Wonder. From 9pm-1:30am, ring in 2017 in the forest of whimsy! Don your most fantastical cocktail attire and raise a glass to the end of another great year with a four and a half hour open bar, lavish antipasti spreads, and passed hors d’oeuvres. The space will be transformed into a fantastical world where reality is altered and nothing is quite as it seems. Dance the night away in a mystical forest, find surprises in every room, and capture it all in a one-of-a-kind custom photo booth!
Tickets $150, here.
Brooklyn Bazaar | 150 Greenpoint Avenue
From 9pm-4am Brooklyn Bazaar is hosting The Greatest New Year’s Party Ever 2017, aka F#CK 2016! As quite possibly the worst year on record, let’s destroy it like a teenage house party! Titus Andronicus, High Waisted, & Toys in Trouble will be performing live, with DJs Michael T, Dirtyfinger, Cousin Cole and more to fill out the rest of the night. Complimentary Midnight Champagne Toast with their own Ballpit Drop! Bring your worst moment of 2016 on a piece of paper, shred it in the shredder and watch your worst moment become a confetti explosion at Midnight. See-saw your troubles away, scream out your 2016 angst in our screaming high striker and play Pin the Blame on the Politician! Lose yourself in our ball pit and come dance in 3 floors of possibility and installations so you can forget 2016 and start 2017 off right.
Tickets $40-$80, info here Continue reading
What’s your plan for watching tonight’s live broadcast-American-political-reality show trainwreck? Hopefully it includes drinking. A lot. Here’s some local joints where you can do just that.
Greenpoint Beer & Ale (7 N. 15th Street)
Sip some delicious local and house brews, while grubbing on their tasty brewpub fare. Happy hour from 5-7, $5 beers and $10 for a share plate and a beer.
• Collaborative Means@ Flux Factory (39-31 29th St, LIC) 7pm, FREE, A series of artists working collaboratively and collectively, relying on cooperative strategies for the realization of ambitious projects. Talks, screenings, and live performances. More info
• Smiths Karaoke@ Black Rabbit (91 Greenpoint) 8pm, 2 mics & some Cure songs available, too.
• Public Hearing: Open Space Alliance @ Swinging Sixties Senior Center (211 Ainslie) 6:30-8pm, discuss relocation East River State Park Concerts
• Pretty Things Babayaga Launch Party @ Brouwerij Lane (78 Greenpoint) 7-10pm, Jim Garnes spins you favorite soviet hits
• The L Mag & Northside Festival’s A Very Unofficial CMJ Party @ Cameo Gallery (93 N 6th St) 1:30pm-4:30pm, FREE, performances by Hunters, PUJOL, Widowspeak, Forest Fire & Heavenly Eat
• Ugly Art Room Presents All That Remains @ Picture Farm (338 Wythe) Opening Reception 7-9pm, An International Collage Exhibition of Epic Proportions, Sponsored by Narragansett beer, Music by DJ Ning Nong RSVP
• BK Diggers 150th Anniversary Celebration @ McGolrick Park, 1-4pm, a collective of activists, artists and historians whose aim is to reclaim the psycho geography of our neighborhoods and expose ignored perspectives in history
• 48 HRS @ Camel Art Space (722 Metropolitan) 12pm-12am, artists meet for a marathon art-making session, sleep over in the space and exhibit their work the next day. The entire event will take place over a 48-Hrs, RSVP
• Newtown Creek Boat Tours @ Pier 17 South Street Seaport, 10-12/1-3, $10. Charter tours the length of the Newtown Creek. Buy Tickets
• Carve for Farms Benefit @ Warsaw (261 Driggs) 4-8pm, $10 Kids/$12 Adults, a Greenpoint-Williamsburg CSA pumkin carving and food fest benefit for farms devastated by Hurricane Irene. Pumpkin Pierogis!
• County Fair Opening Party @ Orange Marmalade (421 Graham) 6-9pm, Vintage Men’s & Women’s, Kitchenware, Oddities, Whisky! More info