# Cookbook Club: “The Auberge of the Flowering Hearth” @ Archestratus (1011 Manhattan Ave), 7pm, FREE, drop by with your favorite dish —all are welcome! It’s a potluck party! More Info * Yom Kippur Services @ Greenpoint Shul (108 Noble St), 9am, $15 – $30 (suggested), pay-as-you-wish High Holidays services, More Info ♫ Full Hunters Moon Sound Bath @ Magick City (37 Box St) 7pm, $24 – $33, Breath. Movement. Sound. Meditation. Buy Tix ♦ “The Distinguished Gentleman”: NYC Premiere @ Kickstarter HQ (58 Kent St) 730pm, $10 -$20 suggested, includes a cocktail hour, a step-and-repeat/red carpet, the film screening, and a Q & A panel, Buy Tix
* Trammell-Santistevan Duo/Che Chen, Aaron Moore & David Watson @ Sunview Luncheonette (221 Nassau Ave), 8pm, FREE, a terrific show featuring fantastic artists in a magical space, More Info ♦ Double D’s: The Dirty Disco @ The Breakers (307 Meeker Ave), 10pm, FREE, an all-night classic disco, funk and house affair with gogo dancers, taro readers, sexy disco visuals and MORE, More Info ♫ Huvudbry @ TROOST (1011 Manhattan Ave) 830pm, FREE, two sets of music with violin, bass, lap steel, and drums, More Info ♫ “War and Paradise”: Book Signing with Adam Green @ Desert Island (540 Metropolitan Ave) 7pm, FREE, joining Adam are his co-illustrators Tom Bayne and Toby Goodshank. Get your book and get it signed by all three artists, RSVPContinue reading →
♫ Salsa by the Water @ Domino Park, 6pm, FREE, lessons followed by open dance, with a live DJ, More Info ♫ Dervisi @ Troost (1011 Manhattan Ave), 8pm, FREE,More Info ☺ Funhouse Comedy @ Cantina Royal (58 N 3 St) 830pm, FREE, stand up comedy show with rotating guests, More Info ♫ Limited Resources 33 @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St.), 9pm, $10 (suggested), More Info
♦ Movies Under the Stars: “Rushmore” @ Bushwick Inlet Park (50 Kent St. Pop-up Park), 730pm, FREE, movie screening outdoors with the Manhattan skyline as a backdrop (the movie is rated R), More Info ♫ All Robyn Everything – Detox’s Drag Con Pre-Game Edition! @ Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe Ave), 6pm, $15, Buy Tix # Le Dîner de Dali @ Archestratus (160 Huron St.), 7pm, $50, a gustatory and visual dining experience inspired by Dali’s Surrealist approach to food and pleasure,Buy Tix ♦ Cande Aguilar: barrioPOP – Opening @ 81 Leonard Gallery (81 Leonard St), 6pm, FREE, a collection of multimedia artworks focusing on the experience of living in a bilingual border culture, RSVPContinue reading →
* Compost Workshop @ Domino Park, 6pm, FREE, learn the full life cycle of organic waste. Get your hands dirty and see how dinner scraps get turned into a vital nutrient-rich soil amendment, More Info ♫ Stone Series: Fred Frith and Heike Liss – Drawing Sound @ National Sawdust (80 N 6th St), 7pm, $25, Buy Tix ♫ Open House & Rooftop Drinks @ Dobbin St (64 Dobbin St), 630pm, FREE, More Info ♫ Chakra Balancing Kundalini Workshop @ HumanAEase (31 Nassau Ave), 7pm, $35, a journey of chakra balance and mindfulness to the tune of live music, Buy Tix
♦ Free day! Beyond The Streets NYC @ Beyond The Streets (25 Kent Ave), 11am, FREE, over 150 Artists displaying, last entry at 7pm, More Info # NBXR Potluck Picnic @ McCarren Park, 6pm, FREE, Bring a dish or snack and come out and mingle. More Info ♫ New Moon, New Energy @ Good Room (98 Meserole Ave), 8pm, $15-$30 an evening of cosmic performances, other worldly DJ sets, Buy Tix ♫ Good Times House Party @ Kinfolk (94 Wythe Ave), 9pm, FREE, West Indian Pre-Parade Party, RSVPContinue reading →
Here’s your chance to live like your average New Yorker earning 130 percent of the area median income, the criteria for the following units up for grabs.
At 223 Manhattan Ave., three one-bedroom apartments are available at $2,276 per month for one to three occupants with an annual household income between $78,035 – $97,110.
The five-story building developed by Sol Ekstein has 6,819 square-feet divided between 10 units, making the per-unit average 681 square feet, YIMBY reports. Who said you can’t live large on 130 percent of the area median income?
The amenities for 232 Manhattan Ave are listed as “intercom and laundry,” which comes with additional fees. Apply by September 9th. Continue reading →
♫ North Brooklyn Parks Alliance Party! @ Villain (307 Kent Ave), 9pm, $25, VICE, NBPA, and Treble.FM throw a party for Brooklyn parks to be beautified and preserved, Buy Tix # Cookbook Club: The Vegetarian Hamburger Is Now [email protected] Archestratus (160 Huron St), 7pm, FREE, drop by with your favorite dish from the cookbook on —all are welcome! It’s a potluck party, Buy Tix ♫ Sample Sale Wednesday Funk Party @ Ponyboy (632 Manhattan Ave), 9pm, FREE, More Info ^ Sob Sisters: A True Crime Conversation @ WORD (126 Franklin St), 7pm, FREE ,an exciting conversation with these three incredible crime authors, More Info
#♫ Magic Hour Market @ 139 Powers St, 4pm, FREE, Music, refreshments, and fun surprises throughout the day – while browsing an incredible assortment of wares from local vendors, More Info ♫Sauce: Mani & the Wildflowers and No Intimate @ National Sawdust (80 N 6 St), FREE, wide-ranging series of Happy Hour jam sessions featuring craft cocktails, drink specials, and live performances, More Info ☺ Web Catz Comedy @ Crystal Lake (647 Grand St), 7pm, FREE, a weekly standup comedy show, More Info ♫ Brooklyn Brass Bash: Dingonek and the Voodoo Club @ Pine Box Rock Shop (12 Grattan St), 9pm, $10 suggested, More Info
Welcome to the weekend Greenpointers, the excessive heat and persistent rain has passed (for now) and this weekend should be perfect weather for outside activities. Might we recommend a movie in Transmitter Park? Also checkout what’s happening this weekend before you catchup on this week’s news:
♫ Brasil Summerfest @National Sawdust (80 N 6 St.), 7pm, album release show by Sessa (Garotas Suecas) and the US debut of Ceará based artist Ilya, Buy Tix * New York’s Infrastructure Creek @ Greenpoint Ave and Kingsland Ave, 630pm, $35, Explore the city’s largest sewer plants, tunnels, draw and truss bridges, rail yards, and more, Buy Tix ♫ Compost Workshop @ Domino Park (Grand St and Kent Ave), 6pm, FREE, learn the full life cycle of organic waste. Get your hands dirty and see how dinner scraps get turned into a vital nutrient rich soil, RSVP * Pay-By-Donation Pilates @ North Brooklyn Farms(320 Kent Ave), 7pm, , grab your mat and swing by the farm for a full body workout; proceeds go to Project Purple, More Info
# Our Sicilian Vegan Dinner@ Orchestrates (160 Huron St), 630pm and 830pm, $30, An evening of Sicilian, family-style food inspired by Nonna, Buy Tix ♫♦35s & 45s Exhibition #7 Opening @ Ponyboy (632 Manhattan Ave) 8pm (gallery) 12am (party), FREE, 35s & 45s bring together two classic mediums of art in one space as a celebration of the vinyl and film cultures, More Info * Green Series: Extinction Rebellion @ Leonard Library (81 Devoe St), 630pm, FREE, a snapshot into the climate crisis and a global movement for a solutionl, More Info ♫ Sleep on It, Like Pacific, Homesafe @ Kingsland (269 Norman Ave), 6pm, $15, Buy Tix
♫ Make America Humane @ Cantina Cumbancha (232 N 12 St), 7pm, benefit in support of organizations working to close detention centers, reunite families, and provide legal representation to asylum seekers at the southern border, Buy Tix ♦ SummerStarz Free Movies in the Park: “Coco” @ Transmitter Park (2 Greenpoint Ave), 8pm, More Info ♫ The Space Lady @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave), 8pm, $20, Buy Tix ♦♫ Samaritan – Urban Imprint Dance Series @ A/D/O/ (29 Norman Ave), 7pm, $25, a unique dance performance, Buy Tix
* Newtown Creek CAG Meeting w/ EPA Superfund team @ Sunnyside Community Services (43-31 39 Street Sunnyside, NY 11104), 630pm, FREE, topics will include updates on the remedial investigation, the responsible parties list and the aeration system, meeting is open to all, More Info ♫ Connan Mockasin, Gentle Dom (DJ Set) @Elsewhere (599 Johnson Ave), 7pm, $20, Buy Tix ^ The Economics of Being an Immigrant in NYC’s Food Industry @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 630pm, $20, an informative conversation about the rewards and challenges of being a business owner and an immigrant in 2019, Buy Tix ♫ Koeosaeme / CVN / Amelia Rose / Crystal Penalosa @Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St) 8pm, FREE, More Info
* Greenpoint Environmental History Project Reception and Exhibit @ A/D/O (29 Norman Ave), 6pm, FREE, a reception and exhibit showcasing documents, photographs and oral histories collected for the Greenpoint Environmental History Project, RSVP # Drawing & Cake Garden Party @ Ovenly Studio ONE54 (154 Franklin St), 7pm, $25, still life drawings, cake, treats and drinks with sketching, drawing materials provided, Buy Tix * Accessing NYC Environmental Data @ Kingsland Wildflowers (520 Kingsland Ave), 630pm, FREE, environmental data experts talk about various platforms and resources available to community members that can help inform decisions about activities we may choose to do in our daily lives.,RSVP ♫ LIC Gallery Nights @ LIC Arts Open Gallery at The Factory (30-30 47th Avenue, Long Island City) 6pm, FREE, Long Island City galleries and art venues open their doors to the public in an after-hours celebration of art and culture, More Info
^# Dinner with the Women of WE ARE LA COCINA@ Archestratus (160 Huron St.), 7pm, $65, A multi-course family style taquiza featuring global foods from the chefs of La Cocina and two of their New York heroes, RSVP ♦ Peppermint Soda – Films on the Green @ Transmitter Park (2 Greenpoint Ave), 830pm, FREE, film in French with English subtitles free and open to the public, More Info ♫ Takuya Nakamura @National Sawdust (80 N 6 St), 8pm, $25, warped piano sounds, haunting synths, and dazzling visual projections, Buy Tix ♫ The Raconteurs Live + Signing @ Rough Trade, 3pm, $20, a performance and signing on the release day of their new LP, Buy Tix
♫ Pluies @ Horti Play (70 Eckford St), 4pm, FREE, a sound and performative project that aims to strengthen the relationship between plants, nature and the human being, More Info ♫ Dave’s Waves’s Rockin’ Solstice Weekend @ Sunview Lunchnet (221 Nassau Ave), 11am, FREE, performance by the Schumann Resonance Percussion Ensemble, More Info ♫The Bobby Lees, Gustaf, Metaled (Rooftop Show) @ Our Wicked Lady (153 Morgan Ave), 730pm, $10, Buy Tix * Tree & Medicinal Plant ID Workshop @ Transmitter Park (2 Greenpoint Ave), 10am, FREE, Friends of Transmitter Park welcomes arborist Bill Schmidt and herbalist Maya Robinson to guide us through identifying the park’s tree and plant species, focusing on those that potential provide healing properties, More Info ♫ Funk Style Quality @ Ponyboy (632 Manhattan Ave), 1pm, FREE, music by current nudisco / house / soulful house and funk artists, and old school funk and disco, More InfoContinue reading →
^ BookBook Club: Relish: My Life in the Kitchen @ Archestratus (160 Huron St.), 7pm, FREE, read a new memoir, a collection of essays, novel, or anything else Archestratus finds interesting that somehow, in a big or small way, relates to food. Then discuss, RSVP ♫ Jog Blues @National Sawdust (80 N 6 St), 7pm, $18, deep tradition meets spontaneous improvisation in Jog Blues, a daring new combination of jazz, blues, and Indian classical music, Buy Tix ♦ Hydroponics 201: Intro to Plant Nutrients @ AgTech X (40 Bushwick Ave), 630pm, $29, learn what plant nutrients are; how to ensure you’re picking the right fertilizer for what you’re looking to grow; and understanding the various metrics for maintaining healthy nutrition, Buy Tix ♦♫ Brooklyn QUEER CULT PRIDE @3 Dollar Bill (260 Meserole St), 830pm, $10, a ridiculously fun filled rainbow unicorn queer performance art show, Buy Tix
* Walking Tour: History of Domino Sugar @ Domino Park Rock Shop (Kent Ave at Grand St), 6pm, FREE, join author of “The Rise and Fall of the Sugar King” Geoffrey Cobb as he explains the history of the Domino plant, which was the largest sugar refinery in the world and the linchpin in the “Sugar Trust, RSVP * National Axe Throwing Day @ Bury the Hatchet (25 Noble St), 4pm, FREE, grab your friends and family for free axe throwing sessions (quick training provided), More Info ♫ New York Public Radio featuring a special performance by Real Estate @Brooklyn Bowl (67 Wythe Ave), 630pm, $75, a party with all your WNYC favorites and Real Estate, Yo La Tengo’s Ira Kaplan and Georgia Hubley performing a DJ set, Red Baraat, and the High and Mighty Brass Band,Buy Tix ♫ Vomit Nose @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St), 9pm, $5, with Mouth Reader, Jeff Draco, and Nick Cage, More InfoContinue reading →