At a press conference today in front of 79 Lorimer Street, a multiple-dwelling loft building in South Williamsburg, Councilman Stephen Levin Called the situation “truly Kafkaesque”: three and a half years ago, the building’s tenants were evicted from their homes and workspaces with 24-hours notice. Since that time, they have not been allowed back in the building, but their possessions remain trapped inside. Meanwhile, the property’s spiteful owners have knocked out windows, turning what were once functioning homes and studio spaces into pigeon roosts. Today, everything the tenants own is covered in pigeon poop. Continue reading
- Foodie Night Market, Public Paddle and Universal Love — What’s Happening, Greenpoint (8/15 – 8/21)
- Endless Summer: Free (or cheap) North Brooklyn Must-Dos
- Paulie Gee’s Slice Shop Will Finally Open August 29th!
- New Greenpoint Magic Show is Utterly Spellbinding
- Free Live Jazz in McGolrick Park Thursday 8/16