At a press conference today in front of 79 Lorimer Street, a multiple-dwelling loft building in South Williamsburg, Councilman Stephen Levin Called the situation “truly Kafkaesque”: three and a half years ago, the building’s tenants were evicted from their homes and workspaces with 24-hours notice. Since that time, they have not been allowed back in the building, but their possessions remain trapped inside. Meanwhile, the property’s spiteful owners have knocked out windows, turning what were once functioning homes and studio spaces into pigeon roosts. Today, everything the tenants own is covered in pigeon poop. Continue reading
- The Bushwick Starr’s “Singlet” Tests the Limits of Intimacy
- Dentists, Graphic Designers, Lighting Interns: Greenpoint Gigs – Week of 5/22
- Photography Show Opening This Thursday (5/26) at Brooklyn Grain
- Paddle Newtown Creek, Enjoy a Waterfront Fire Pit + More: The North Brooklyn Boat Club’s Opening Bash is This Saturday!
- Bushwick Inlet Popup Park Opening This Weekend! (5/26)