Carbon Monoxide Poisioning Suspected in Williamsburg Death

211  Jackson St. (via Google Maps)

A man died and four more people fell ill from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning on Saturday in a vacant Williamsburg building, multiple news outlets report.

Five people were found unconscious inside 211 Jackson St., a property that is for sale, around 6 a.m. on Saturday.


The FDNY evacuated neighboring buildings, and an electric generator that was not in use was found inside 211 Jackson St., Brooklyn Paper reports:

EMS also removed four adults —two males, and two females — from the scene and transported them to Cornell Medical Center in stable condition, according to authorities. The police spokesman could not provide any additional information regarding the four adults.

FDNY reports that the building had elevated carbon monoxide readings of 250 PPM (parts per minute) coming from a generator. The maximum recommended carbon monoxide level indoors is about 9 PPM. Normal, fresh air has zero PPM.

 

 

About Greenpointers Staff

Greenpointers is a hyperlocal blog about Greenpoint, Brooklyn covering Ash to Apollo and everything in between.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *