Spring is approaching, and you know what that means- it’s Armory Week in New York! In addition to The Armory Show, the other fairs Volta, SPRING/BREAK, Art on Paper, NADA, Independent, and SCOPE are happening all around the city. Our team at Greenpointers created a road map highlighting some North Brooklyn artists and galleries that will be exhibiting throughout the week, along with when and where to catch them. Enjoy!
March 6-12: SPRING/BREAK Art Show (4 Times Square)
- Hiba Schahbaz (Bushwick): The Garden curated by Field Projects; Room 2362; also exhibiting at Art on Paper with Sugarlift; Booth 417
- Carolyn Salas and Maureen Cavanaugh (Greenpoint): Here Now curated by Adam Parker Smith; Room 2370
- Brian Willmont (Greenpoint): Milk Thieves curated by Alison Sirico; Room 2374, and Human Now curated by Kara Brooks; Room 2319
- Kawita Vatanajyankur: Rituals of Otherness curated by Alexandra Fanning (East Williamsburg); Room 2232
- Macon Reed: A Pressing Conference presented by Helen Toomer (Williamsburg); Room 2221; Daily performances will take place at 1pm and 4pm
- Caris Reid (former Greenpointer): Crystal Visions curated by Sarah Potter; Room 2364/2365
- Eric Lee Bowman (Greenpoint): What’s Past Prologue curated by Kristin Sancken; Room 2369
March 7-11: The Armory Show (Pier 92/94)
- Robin F. Williams (Greenpoint): P•P•O•W; Booth 717
- Pierogi Gallery (Lower East Side, moved from Williamsburg) exhibiting Brooklyn based artists Patrick Jacobs, Dawn Clements, Daniel Zeller, Jim Torok and Darina Karpov; Booth 727
March 6-11: Volta NY (Pier 92)
- Kayrock Screenprinting (Greenpoint); Booth C51
March 8-11: NADA (Skylight Clarkson Sq)
- Giordanne Salley (Greenpoint): Rag Trade Part 1, Steven Harvey Projects; Booth 1.16
- Emily Noelle Lambert (Long Island City) and Amanda Valdez (Greenpoint): Denny Gallery; Booth 2.18
- Elise Ferguson (Greenpoint): Romer Young Gallery; Booth 3.01
- Safe Gallery (East Williamsburg): exhibiting Andy Cahill, Kari Cholnoky, Serban Ionescu, John Newman, and Sophie Stone; Booth 3.10
- Genesis Belanger (Greenpoint): Mrs. Gallery; Booth 3.15
- 106 Green (Greenpoint): exhibiting Angela Heisch and Ryan Falkowitz; Booth 4.11
Congratulations to all the artists and galleries who exhibited during Armory Week 2018.
This list is not comprehensive. We apologize in advance if we have neglected to include you! Put us on your mailing list so we can catch you next year.