Artists! Community groups! Businesses! Northside Art @ Williamsburg Walks just extended their application deadline to next Friday, May 8th. If you missed it in previous years, Northside Art is part of the city-wide initiative where public streets are shut down to traffic and opened up to art, interaction and community—bringing your neighborhood sculptures, workshops, pop-up parks, live painting performances, musicians, joy & more.
Northside Art is seeking proposals for:
1. Live painting/graffiti/collage
2. Interactive installations
3. Sculpture/stand alone installations
4. Performance artists
5. Activities and Workshops
Find out how to apply.
1. Artists just need to fill out this form
2. Businesses & community groups just need to e-mail Victoria Varney directly: Victoria [at] northsidemediagroup.com
When: Saturday, June 13th & Sunday, June 14th
Set up: 11am—1pm
Event time: 1—6pm
Where: Bedford Ave from Metropolitan – N.12th Street
1. Bedford Ave restaurants/bars can set up tables + chairs on the sidewalk in front of their business, but not on the street. Food and alcohol (liquor license required) may be served on the sidewalk BUT ALL TRANSACTIONS must happen inside the business.
2. If you are a business and want to set up an activity ON Bedford Ave (!) then e-mail victoria@nothsidemediagroup. com with your proposal and we will work positioning your activity on the street. Rules for street activities below:
– No Vending. You can’t sell or exchange any cash/credit transaction on the street
– No Electricity. Your activity can’t require any electricity
– Raw Space. You are provided with a raw space on Bedford Ave, the rest is up to you!
– Art/Community Focused. The theme of the event is art, community and interaction. While your activity doesn’t need to be specific it is good to keep this theme in mind.