Expanded Cooper Park Farmers Market Opens Sunday 5/25!
Can you believe that the Cooper Park Down to Earth Farmers Market, which open this Sunday 5/25, is entering its 3rd year?! You will be delighted to know that the market is thriving just like the East Williamsburg community that it serves.
Let us introduce to you the expanded line-up (that keeps growing) in Cooper Park:
· Full Circle Farm: Located in Dutchess County, NY, farmers Shelle Bailey and Jesse Mandel grow vegetables, as well as keep Americana chickens and bees. On Opening Day, they will bring rhubarb, salad mix, herbs, eggs, and honey – with much more to come.
· Mom and Popsicles: Brooklyn-based popsicle company, featuring delicious popsicles with seasonal ingredients, sourced from local farms.
· Saratoga Crackers: Healthy, homemade crackers in 12+ varieties, such Kale, Beer and Cheddar, Saratoga Spice, Parmesan Garlic, among many others. No preservatives or “other junk” as Cracker Master, Teresa Alger says. Vegan friendly, too.
· Samosa Shack*: Homemade samosas, made with seasonal ingredients, to eat on site or to go. This Sunday, their flavors include: Roasted cauliflower with sundried tomatoes; Potato pea cilantro; Baby spinach chickpea; Lamb mint masala; Chicken tikka masala, and more.
· Yellow Deli/Journey’s End Farm*: All-natural, energizing green drinks and green bars.
· R & G Produce: Brothers Ray & Gary Glowaczewski are third generation farmers who harvest in Goshen, NY, an area renowned for its “Black Dirt”. They will join the market in early June.
The vendors marked with (*) are “day vendors,” meaning they will sell at the Cooper Park Farmers Market on special occasion, including on Opening Day (5/25). All these vendors join the roster of farmers and food makers that the Cooper Park community has come to enjoy:
· Alex’s Tomato Farm: A father and son team leads up this family-owned farm, growing a wide range of both fruits and vegetables. After our cold winter, their crops will be ready for market in early June.
· Meredith’s Bread: Breads and baked goods, including a full line of delicious gluten-free products.
· Tierra Farm: Locally roasted coffees, nuts, granola, and more.
Cooper Park’s Down to Earth Farmers Market
Opening Day: Sunday, May 25th
Sundays through November 23rd, 2014, 11:00 am-4:00 pm
At Cooper Park, along the sidewalk on Maspeth Avenue
Down to Earth Farmers Markets is a certified B (Beneficial) Corporation that manages farmers markets in Westchester County, Rockland County, and in New York City. We believe that seasonal, local food is a vital part of our heritage that ensures the health of our communities and environment. Visit DowntoEarthMarkets.com for new and day vendor details, events, and other updates for the Cooper Park Farmers Market.