coming here and it’s quite possible that we’re going to have another snowpocalypse on our hands. But hey, it’s a new year. And we’re not gonna let a little snow stand in our way, am I right? Here are some things to do on this here first weekend o’ 2014.
* Rise Up Philippines: An Art Benefit for Typhoon Haiyan Relief @ Bunnycutlet Gallery (158 Roebling St) 6-10pm, FREE, bid on a selection of “low-brow,” graffiti, pop, and street art through silent auction, all proceeds go to UNICEF Philippines, RSVP
* Swearin’ / Cymbals Eat Guitars / Low Fat Getting High @ Brooklyn Night Bazaar (165 Banker St) 6pm-midnight, FREE, More Info
* Yvette / Christines / Future Punx @ Glasslands (289 Kent) 8pm, $10, RSVP
* Learn to Embroider Tea Towels @ Greenpoint Library (107 Norman Ave) 12-2pm, FREE, I don’t know what an embroidered tea towel is exactly, but it sounds like a skill every good Victorian woman should have, materials and tools will be provided and it’s taught by two Etsy champs, More Info, RSVP
* The Call Up @ Boulevard Tavern (579 Meeker Ave) 9pm, FREE, Get down to some raggae/soul/punk spun exclusively on vinyl at this neighborhood dive…the best park? $5 all you can eat BBQ
*A Trivia of Ice and Fire @ Over the Eight (694 Union Ave) 6-8pm, Test your knowledge of everything Game of Thrones (book fans first and foremost) with a team of 5, if you know where to find Castle Black, you’re off to a good start, RSVP