4th of July is Happening! Burgers, Boogies, Boils, Bashes, Beaches, BBQs! (6/3-6/7)
5th of July Funk/Soul Party @ Manhattan Inn (632 Manhattan Ave) Midnight-4am, FREE, Dj Bengey is KEEPING IT FUNKY AND SOULFUL in his debut at Manhattan Inn, Greenpoint & Williamsburg’s premiere late night dance spot! RSVP
♦ Drawings by James Ulmer @ Beginnings (110 Meserole Ave) Opening Reception 7-10pm, Ulmer’s drawings harmonize the naivety associated with memories of childhood picture making with sophisticated compositional choices and mark making decisions.
♫ The Free Keys / Sua / Whisky Bitches / Slim Charles @ Bar Matchless (557 Manhattan Ave) 7:30pm, $8, RSVP
* Punk Rope Happy Hour @ Greenpoint YMCA (99 Meserole St) 7:30-8:30pm, Celebrate the 4th early with an American ass-kicking, 14 U.S. rock tunes while jumping rope, rehydrate 9pm until late at the Capri Social Club (156 Calyer St), class is free Y Members and first 3 free for Y non-members, RSVP
THURSDAY (6/4) – 4th of July!!!
# Seafood Boil @ Maison Premiere (289 Bedford Ave) noon-8pm, music by Bedford Avenue Society Band
• 4th of July = Cheap Burgers @ Greenpoint Heights (278 Nassau Ave) noon, enjoy $5 burgers all day, plus patriotic drink specials!
♫ Back to the Beach @ Rippers (Boardwalk & 86th St, Rockaway) Free, 1-9pm, Performances by Friend Roulette / Celestial Shore / Pow Wow! / This Library Is On Fire / Hippy and The Road
# 4th of July BBQ @ The Richardson (451 Graham Ave) 2-6pm, Cheap $4 Brooklyn Beer, $10 Brooklyn Beer + Frankfurter with Pork Chili
♫ Beats and BBQ: The Star Spangled Boogie Marathon @ LP n’ Harmony (683 Grand St) 3pm-4am, FREE, dance music marathon, buy drinks get free BBQ
♫ 4th of July BBQ @ Secret Project Robot (389 Melrose St) 4pm-1am, Reggae, African and World Beats mixed with all day bbq with drink specials and sprinklers, art opening of the Tiny art show curated by John Eric Lawson
♫ Fourth of July Bash w/ 1-800-BAND / Endless Boogie / Dirty Fences @ Knockdown Center (52-19 Flushing Ave., Ridgewood) 8pm, Pizza by Roberta’s, beer by America, dogs and burgers by The Meathook
♫ Deafheaven / Marriages / Aun / Theologian @ 285 Kent Ave, 10:45pm, $10
♦ Unhinged @ Pierogi (177 North 9th St) 7-9pm, A sprawling salon installation tapping the depth and breadth of the Flat Files
♫ Nude Beach / Prince Rupert’s Drops @ Knitting Factory (361 Metropolitan Ave) 8pm, $10
♫ Le Bump @ Over Eight (594 Union Ave) 10pm, FREE, We’re not going to forget the singles we grew up with. Let’s get sweaty!
♫ 5th of July Funk/Soul Party @ Manhattan Inn (632 Manhattan Ave) Midnight-4am, FREE, Dj Bengey is KEEPING IT FUNKY AND SOULFUL in his debut at Manhattan Inn, RSVP
• Ghostbusters @ Nitehawk Cinema (136 Metropolitan Ave) 11:45am, $11, Tix
• 119 Underground @ Jewel St. Paradise (119 Jewel St) 12-6pm, Everything from ceramics, to paper goods & more! with refreshments & performances provided for shoppers. All in a Brooklyn basement
♫ Warm-Up @ PS1 (22-25 Jackson Ave) 3pm, $15, w/The Martinez Brothers/ Kim Ann Foxman of Hercules / Love Affair DJ set, DJ Qu / Anthony Naples
♦ From The Streets Up @ Woodward Gallery (133 Eldridge St) 6-8pm, A street sculpture show curated by Royce Bannon and Cassius Fouler, RSVP
♫ The Call Up @ Boulevard Tavern (579 Meeker Ave) 9pm, FREE, Reggae, Soul, Punk by DJ’s Sandinista and Tiny Gem, Vinyl Only! $5 all YOU can eat BBQ
* Summer Sunday Slimdown Challenge @ McCarren Park, 1:30-2:30pm, FREE, Rain or Shine, Meet at [email protected] (31 Nassau Ave) at 1:15pm, it is summer and it is time to lose those pounds, get that blood pumping and heart rate up every Sunday in July, RSVP
# Fiesta De La Carne @ TBD (224 Franklin St) 2-11pm, FREE, 500lbs of meat! burgers, dogs, salads, veggies burgers, steaks, more – ALL FREE!
☺ Run From The Police Comedy Show @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St) 8:30-11pm, FREE
♫ Jo Schornikow @ Manhattan Inn (632 Manhattan Ave) 9:30pm, Free
* Greenpointers’ Pick
♥ Pheremones likely
♦ Art Event
☺ Comedy Event
# Foodie Event