Visions opened on Friday, June 27 at The Picture Show in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. “We were looking for myths, dreams, and hallucinations,” said Megan Clement, and ultimately, the selected “films…were dreamlike, or expressed aspects of the unconscious in an abstract way.” Peruvian artist Mariana Tschudi, who did extensive research on medicinal plants, such as Ayahuasca (also commonly called yagé), and their phenomenological effects debuted her most recent work, “Transcending Our Shadows.” Continue reading
- An Art Heist, An Environmental Vision and Another Hit and Run — The Hook-Up (3/16)
- Dreampop Band Glass Valley Just Blessed Us with a New Video
- A Night of Japanese Bands at The Knitting Factory This Sunday (3/18)
- The Torch Must Be Passed: Allow Me To Introduce Your New Art Editor
- Hot News for the Summer: McCarren Park Getting Grills and Food Trucks!