Charles Bukowski once said, “writing about a writer’s block is better than not writing at all.” For the writerly types, writers block is no joke, but chances are you’d like to tell the world about something more compelling than writers block. If you often put pen to paper or hands to keyboard to hone your craft but could use a little guidance and structure to help complete a project, this workshop series might be for you. Local writers group WriteBrooklyn is launching workshops in Greenpoint next month, at 988 Manhattan Ave—an elegantly designed creative space. The 8-week workshops are taught by experienced filmmakers, writers and poets, range from Screenplays to Nonfiction, Poetry and Fiction, and meet on designated evenings. Each of the workshops will set you back $450, but they’ve made room for two scholarships per workshop (which means the lucky recipients attend for free). Check out the list of workshops and instructors here. Continue reading
- The Fall Festival of Lights Market is Gonna Be Lit! Hot Buttered Rum, Live Jazz, Henna Tattoos, Tarot Cards, Nail Art, Rooftop Yoga, 50+ Vendors, and more!!
- Cabaret, Cuomo and Climate Change — The Hook-up 9/22
- Westlight Celebrates One Year in Williamsburg
- 8th Annual TASTE Williamsburg Greenpoint Packed East River State Park
- Lydia Lunch Performing at the Park Church Co-Op 9/28 to Benefit McGolrick Art Installation