In the land of pairing food with libations, there are wine pairings and beer pairings but whiskey pairings? Apparently, this is considered “outré by many” but as I learned one late Saturday morning, whiskey not only serves as a pretty effective hair of the dog, but it goes really well with waffles. I’m talking the freshly made, thick, crispy, golden kind that is ready to be topped with piles of toppings like maple syrup, peanut butter, chocolate, whipped cream, and fruit. If you’re not groggy from food coma after this, you’ll ease into your lazy Saturday by sipping on Old Fashioneds. It gets your creative juices flowing before you start getting crafty.
- Greenpoint This Week: McCarren Hawk Sighting, New Pier Opening, Postal Service Woes, and More
- Spotted: McCarren Hawk Enjoys Rodent Picnic
- Madre, The Franklin Guesthouse’s New Restaurant, is Now Open
- Lentol on Williamsburg Postal Problems: “You Can’t Live Like That”
- Heavy Rain Floods India Street and Court Square