Freehold (45 South 3rd St), located in south Williamsburg, is widely known as a freelancer’s oasis to get some work done while having a burger, taking a break to enjoy the large outdoor space and having a beer to close out the day. Or you can hit up Freehold to celebrate your friend’s birthday brunch or during one of their epic Halloween parties. But if you have caught a studio session, you probably know Freehold’s latest hit is as non-traditional music venue. Freehold Studio Sessions have been happening for more than a year, beginning with bands such as St. Lucia, that served as a sort of test to see how the space would work for live music. Once the Freehold folks realized that their space could work well as a music venue, it was important to event director Lydia Mazzolini, creative director Tony Pytleski and the rest of the team to keep bringing in quality bands to give Freeholders (their members) the gift of enjoying a great live show that would be rooted in community. They brought on Joey Garofalo of Beacon Events to book bands, and the rest is recent history. Continue reading
- Greenpoint This Week: Something’s Fishy, Drive or Walk-In Cinema, Wild Masks, and More!
- Greenpoint’s New Drive-In Cinema Includes Seating Area for Pedestrians
- Greenery Unlimited Returns This Weekend With ‘Almost Summer’ Sidewalk Plant Sale
- Where to Get Takeout Cocktails in Greenpoint and Williamsburg
- Thursday Spotlight: Masks In The Wild Commissions Artists and Promotes Public Health