^ A Tree Grows in Brooklyn | 75th Anniversary Party @ Leonard Library (81 Devoe St.), 5pm, FREE, Special guests Amy Lyons, artist of the HarperCollins 75th Anniversary edition cover, and the family of Betty Smith–along with contemporary authors–help celebrate a book that, according to The New Yorker, “deserves to be thought of as one of the greatest American novels,” RSVP * An Ecological History of the Bushwick Inlet and its Environment @ A/D/O (29 Norman Ave.), 7pm, FREE, With the continued development of Williamsburg and Greenpoint along the East River shore, it’s hard to imagine that Brooklyn was once a thriving wetland, with winding streams carrying freshwater running right below our feet, More Info ♦ Machine//Body @ Arete Gallery (67 West St. #103), 8pm, $10-15, sound and movement, space and architecture, More Info ♫ How To Dress Well, Baltra @ The Good Room (98 Meserole Ave.), 9pm, $20, Buy Tix
* Los Sures Thanksgiving Dinner @ First Spanish Presbyterian Church (157 S. 3rd St.), 6pm, FREE, communal dinner and turkey raffle, more info ♦ Advent Kickoff | Potluck Supper + Opening Reception @ Park Church Co-op (129 Russell St.) 6pm, FREE, art exhibit and potluck, More Info ♫ The Travelin’ McCourys @ Rough Trade (64 N 9th.), 7pm, $20, Buy Tix ♫ The Mercury Program and Square Peg Round Hole @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave.), 8pm, $12-15, Buy TixContinue reading →
* URBAN-X Panel Discussion: Exploring The Future of Affordable Housing @ A/D/O (29 Norman Ave.), 6:30pm, FREE, RSVP * 94 Precinct Community Council Meeting @ St. John’s Lutheran Church (155 Milton St.), 7pm, FREE,More Info ♫ Afroperuano Group (Live Recording Video) Free Pisco Tasting @ Scholes St. Studio (375 Lorimer St.), 7pm, $20, Buy Tix ♫ C Z A R I N A, Bunny X, Turbo Goth, Valentine @ The Knitting Factory (361 Metropolitan Ave.), 8pm, $10, Buy Tix
♫ Goldie Awards 2nd Annual DJ & Beat Battle @ Brooklyn Steel (319 Frost St.), 6pm, $25, Buy Tix ♦ Art Opening: Brett Satterlund & Friends @ Brouwerij Lane (78 Greenpoint Ave.) 6pm, FREE, Photography Exhibit, More Info ^ An Evening with Michael Lally & Lonely Christopher @ Brooklyn’s House of Kava (238 Central Ave.), 7pm, FREE, an evening of poetry and chatting, more info ♫ BRIC After Dark: Gala After Party @ Brooklyn Navy Yard (63 Flushing Ave.), 9pm, $75+, Buy TixContinue reading →
#♫ A Costume Dinner Party with Salt Cathedral @ Le Fanfare (1103 Manhattan Ave.), 7pm, $50 includes food and beer, Music presented by Wild Honey Pie, Buy Tix * TRIVIA on Halloween Night! @ Archestratus Books and Foods (160 Huron St.), 8pm, FREE, Join me for a Halloween Trivia and Costume Party EXTRAVAGANZA!!!!! Win food, drinks, cookies, bragging rights!!!RSVP ♫ Twerk or Treat @ El Cortez (17 Ingraham St.), 8pm, FREE, RSVP ♫ Horrorscope Halloween Party @ Wayward Social (35 Ingraham St.), 8pm, $5, Buy Tix ♫ Godmother: Halloween Trina!!! X AJA X Valentina DJ Brooke Candy @ 3 Dollar Bill (360 Meserole St.), 8pm, $25-35, Buy Tix ♫ The Crystal Method – Halloween Party! @ Good Room (98 Meserole Ave.), 9pm, $20-25, Buy Tix ♫ Gala of the Gone Halloween @ House of YES (2 Wyckoff Ave.), 9pm, FREE w/ RSVP, $10 at the door, RSVP
* 50 Kent Ave Design Presentation @ Bushwick Inlet Park (86 Kent Ave.), 6:30pm, FREE, NYC Parks will be presenting their permanent design concept for the 50 Kent Ave section of Bushwick Inlet Park to the Parks & Waterfront Committee of Community Board #1. Your input is valuable! More Info ♫ King Buffalo, The Golden Grass @ St. Vitus (1120 Manhattan Ave.) 7pm, $10-12, Buy Tix ^ Hope Ewing In Conversation with Natalka Burian @ WORD (126 Franklin St.), 7:30pm, FREE, An evening on writing and drinking, More info ♫ PROF @ Rough Trade (64 N. 9th St.), 7:30pm, $15, Buy TixContinue reading →
♦ Halloween Pumpkins with Lillian Farag @ The Hoxton (97 Wythe Ave.), 7pm, $20, learn to paint pumpkins1 Buy Tix ^ Extraordinary Deaths Book Launch@ WORD (126 Franklin St.), 7:30pm, $5 voucher, Buy tix ♫ Three Nights of Gutterween! @ Gutter Bar (200 North 14th St.), 8pm, FREE, Cover bands all night long! More Info ♫ Holy Ghost! DJ set, Paul Raffaele & Barbie Bertisch, Spicy Boys @ The Good Room (98 Meserole Ave.), 10pm, $15, celebrate the Good Room’s 4th Anniversary Halloween Weekend! Buy Tix
* Fascination Street Halloween Market 2018 @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave.), 6pm, FREE, Punk, rock n roll, goth, kawaii, Lolita fashion/jewelry/art, oddities and MORE. More Info ♫ Halloween 2018 w/ Evolfo, Night Powers, Six Time Users @ Rubulad (Bushwick) 9pm, $15, email [email protected] for address, More info ♫ The Haunting in Brooklyn @ Lot 45 Bushwick (411 Troutman St.), 10pm, FREE w/ RSVP before 11, More info Continue reading →
Virginia-based rock band Mae comes to The Knitting Factory (361 Metropolitan Avenue) this Sunday for a concert during their nationwide tour. Doors open at 7 for the concert, and tickets are just $25 when purchased in advance. Mae, an acronym for Multi-sensory Aesthetic Experience, recently released a new EP entitled 3.0 that will be highlighted on their current tour. 3.0 is a preview to the band’s self-titled full-length album, due out October 28.
The vision for this album cycle was born when Mae played at the Forbes 30 Under 30 EMEA Summit in the Tower of David in Jerusalem in 2016. They concluded the evening with the first-ever large-scale live musical performance, synced to virtual reality. As Forbes described it, “Revelers dropped their mobile phones into specially-designed headsets that allowed them to view a brand-new animation meant to represent the creation of the universe while the band played in time.” Mae has also done this “LIGHT” performance, as they call it, at the 72nd UN General Assembly and the Future of StoryTelling Festival.
MAE‘s previous album Singularity came in at #40 on the Billboard Top 200 Chart, #12 on the Billboard US Rock Chart, #13 on the Billboard US Alternative Chart, and #40 on the Billboard US Digital Chart. For more info, visit the band’s Instagram.
♫ Vibe Emitter: Official MONDO.nyc Showcase @ Coco SixtySix (66 Greenpoint Ave), 6pm, $8, OFFICIAL Mondo.NYC Music Festival and Tech Conference showcase, VIBE EMITTER! Buy Tix ♫ St. Paul & The Broken Bones @ Brooklyn Steel (319 Frost St.), 7pm, $39.50, Every ticket for this show includes a physical CD of St. Paul & The Broken Bones’ forthcoming album! Buy tix ♫ GABI (Record Release), Julianna Barwick, Foxes in Fiction @ The Park Church Co-op (129 Russell St.), 7pm, $12, Buy Tix ♦ Stranger Things Bingo @ Videology (308 Bedford Ave.), 9pm, FREE, every Wednesday night through the month of October, Videology will be watching the first season of Stranger Things and playing BINGO, More Info
♫ A Pale Horse Names Death, Pist.On, Black Dawn, & Witch Kings @ The Kingsland (269 Norman Ave), 6:30pm, $15, Buy Ticket * Mugwort Magic: Plant and Sound Journey @ Anima Mundi (35 Noble St) 7pm, $30, this event will connect to the vibrations of Mugwort, a sacred witches’ herb known for its protective energy and to support lucid dreams., Buy tix ♫ Dark Tea, Baby Jey, New Love Crowd, Babies’ Babies @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave.), 8pm, $8, Buy Tix ♫ Oblivion 05 @ Magick City (37 Box St.), 8pm, FREE, a relaxed night of musical exploration, More InfoContinue reading →
♦ New Cinema Club – Volume I @ Videology (308 Bedford Ave), 6:30pm, $5 suggested, see contemporary short films at the inaugural edition of New Cinema Club More Info * RAW:Brooklyn CONNECT @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave), 7pm, $22-30, A night of art, music, fashion and more featuring 50+ artists, a pop-up gallery, live performance and runway show, Buy tix #♫ A Dinner Party with Henry Jamison @ Le Fanfare (1103 Manhattan Ave), 7pm, $50, food, community and free drinks with The Wild Honey Pie, Buy Tix ♫ Love Games with Lauren Murada & Finn Jones @ Good Room (98 Meserole Ave), 9pm, FREE, More Info
# Sunset Sips: The Rooftop Farm Mixer @ Brooklyn Grange (63 Flushing Ave), 6pm, $69, presented by Green Roof for Healthy Cities’s conference Cities. Tickets include complimentary beer, wine and hors d’oeuvres, Buy Ticket * Miss Subways 2018 @ Littlefield (635 Sackett St) 7pm, $20-25, With a wink and a nod to the Miss Subways pageants held in NYC between 1941 and 1976, this event is a call to arms for advocates and lovers of the NYC underground. All proceeds benefit The City Reliquary and Riders Alliance, Buy tix ♫ Broken Records/Otherways Present: TOP nachos LP Release w/ frens @ Trans-Pecos (9-15 Wycoff Ave.), 8pm, $10, Buy Tix * 4th Annual Beer Garden Sukkah @ The Creative Sukkah (The corner of West and Milton Streets), 8:30pm, $8, unlimited beer, Buy tixContinue reading →
♫ Another Guy Called Gerald + Lio Kanine @ Elsewhere (599 Johnson Avenue), 5pm, FREE, RSVP ♫ DarkDoves & Underground Channel @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St.), 6pm, FREE, Buy Tix * Nixon-Cuomo Debate @ Syndicated (40 Bogart St.) 6pm, FREE, More Info * Chakra Glow : From Root to Crown @ Maha Rose (97 Green St.), 7:30pm, $50, Buy Tix
♫ A Whole Lotta Love w/ The Josh Craig @Halcyon (74 Wythe Ave.) 4pm, FREE, More Info # Seasonal Spirits: Wild and Wood @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St.) 6:30pm, $25, learn about barrel aging and fermentation, Buy Tix ♫ Holy Tunics, Peel Dream Magazine PLUS! Kew @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand Street), 7:30pm, $10, Buy Tix ♫ Classical Summer Night Concert for Solo Piano @ San Damiano Mission (85 N 15th St.), 8pm, $15, Buy Tix Continue reading →
♦ SummerScreen: This Is Spinal Tap @ McCarren Park (North 12th and Bedford), doors at 6, film at sundown, FREE, More Info ♫ PUNK BLACK NY Festival Edition @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave), 6pm, $11-15, Buy Tix ^ King Lear | Shakespeare in the Popup Park @ Bushwick Inlet Park (50 Kent Avenue) 7:30pm, FREE, More Info ♫ WOMEN of NY Edition: w/ Free The Mind, Leslie Graves &More @ Wonders of Nature (131 Grand St.), 8pm, FREE, more info
* Peruvian Psychedelia (Dance Class) @Mayday Space (176 St. Nicholas Ave.) 7pm, $7-10, More Info ♦ Stranger Than Paradise with a Shot of Jack @ Videology (308 Bedford Avenue) 7pm, $20, Buy Tix ♦ You Look Good (Ugly) Opening Party @ Lucas Lucas (57 Conselyea Street), 7pm, FREE, Visual scenarios of love, lust, sex, envy and social anxieties followed by cocktails and a jam session, More Info ♦ A Multisensory Performance Presented by 4th Wall @ A/D/O (29 Norman Ave.), 10:30pm, $30, Buy Tix Continue reading →
* National Hot Dog Day @ Clinton Hall (247 Metropolitan Ave.), 11am, $7, celebrate all day with Kimchi Hot Dogs, More Info ♫ POPC Rooftop Party & Fundraiser @ Our Wicked Lady (153 Morgan Avenue), 6pm, $10, DJs til late! POPC is an arts nonprofit that aims to amplify the voices of underrepresented people and causes through arts and performance, More Info ☺ No Cool Kids @ Starr Bar (214 Starr St.), 8pm, FREE, comedy about akward youth, RSVP ♦ Titanic @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave.), 8pm, FREE, spend the evening with Jack and Rose, RSVP ♫ Noah PC Presents A Very Bad Room Special @ The Good Room (98 Meserole Ave.), 9pm, FREE, more info
♦ RU Exhibition: Scrims & Blurs @El Museo de Los Sures (120 S. 1st. St.) 6pm, FREE, a navigable pathway of paintings, drawings, sculptures, collages, photographs and partially site-specific installations, More info ♦ Disassembly : Brooklyn. Opening Celebration. @ A/D/O (29 Norman Ave.) 6:30pm, FREE, a participatory art installation that explores our obsession with technology and the untold story of the consumer electronics lifecycle, RSVP * Beauty Rituals Panel @ Anima Mundi (35 Noble St.), 6:30pm, $30, join a conversation on the meaning of “Beauty,” and explore rituals and self care. Start with a special blended Beauty Elixir tea, delve into a panel discussion, and conclude with a DIY Customizable Vegan Chap stick Class, Buy Tix ☺ Laugh Riots Comedy Showcase @ GAMBA Forest (17 Division Pl.), 7pm, $5-7, Buy Tix ♫ Fitness & Wild Moccasins, Shiffley @ The Knitting Factory (361 Metropolitan Ave.), 8pm, $15, Buy Tix * Stargazing on the Transmitter Pier @ Transmitter Park (2 Greenpoint Avenue.), 8:30pm, FREE, Members of the Amateur Astronomers Association of New York will provide telescopes to view celestial objects in the night sky on the Transmitter Park pier, More Info