^Letters in the Dirt @The Brick (579 Metropolitan Avenue), 7pm, $20, This play places its audience face-to-face with the insightful Aiyana Jones— a seven-year-old girl fatally shot by police in 2010 during a botched raid in Detroit, now a symbol within the Movement for Black Lives. Buy Tix ♫ Full Frontal Female Fronted @Our Wicked Lady (153 Morgan Ave) 8pm, $5, Buy Tix ♫ Grand St. Stompers: 20s Jazz @Radegast (113 N 3rd St.), 9pm, FREE, Grab some German food & drink and join the quintet for dancing, listening, and hanging, More Info ☺ Freshly Baked: Cookies and Comedy @ The Knitting Factory (361 Metropolitan Avenue), 9pm, FREE, rotating lineup, surprise special guests and homemade baked goods, More Info
* Economic Development Committee Mtg — Community Board 1 @ CB1 District Office (435 Graham Avenue), 6:30pm, FREE, More Info * Cacao Ceremony & Reiki Experience @Anima Mundi Herbals (35 Noble Street), 7pm, $40, Are you ready to cultivate a deep loving sensation within your heart? Are you ready to deepen your loving relationship with yourself and others? Buy Tix # Pasta Fresca Plate! @Archestratus (160 Huron St.), 7pm, $20,Archestratus is very excited to kick off a new weekly dinner gathering! A relaxed evening of fresh, homemade pasta from a pasta-making Chef + Friend of Archie’s, RSVP ♫ Abraham Brody & Trys Keturiose: Ancestors @National Sawdust (80 N 6th St.), 7pm, $20, Buy tix ♫ PULP FICTION LIVE performed by The Last Nites @ The Knitting Factory (361 Metropolitan Avenue), 8pm, $12-15, Buy TixContinue reading →
For just $1 get a ride to nearby subway stations to/from Greenpoint with Via, an on-demand ridesharing app!! Download the app here and set your pick up or drop-off location by moving the pin on the map to the locations for any of the following train stations:
^ Tables of Contents Reading Series: Hunt! Gerrard! Caldwell! @Egg (109 North 3rd St), 7pm, $5, Each reading will be paired with snacks inspired by its text, plus you’ll be in for an author-curated playlist and a rangy Q&A/discussion on writing, craft, aversion, and creativity to wrap up the night. Beer and wine will be available for purchase, and WORD will be present slinging text, More info ☺ Ladies Who Ranch @ Vital Joint (109 Meserole St), 8pm, $5-10, Group of women does jokes for laughs at comedy show to change the national conversation. The show is followed by the Ladies Who Ranch Open Mic, an experimental comedy mic that especially encourages multimedia performances, More info ♫# Live Flamenco in St Charles Cellar @St. Mazie Bar (345 Grand St), 8pm, FREE, A night of authentic Flamenco in our beautiful speakeasy. Full dinner menu available as well as a 3 course Pre fixe menu, cocktails, absinthe and more… Ole!, More info ♫ Carte Blanche @Radegast Hall (113 N 3rd St), 9pm, FREE,French, Latin and American tunes while you sample the incredible selection of authentic german beers on tap and maybe have a giant german pretzel or bratwurst from the grill!! Space to dance!, More info
* Kombrewcha’s International Women’s Day Celebration @ The Williamsburg Hotel (96 Wythe Ave), 6:00pm, $3, Boss Ladies doing big things. We’ll be hosting a panel on Women Who Do. Buy tix * NYC DRAFT Meetup @ PencilWorks (61 Greenpoint Ave), 6:30pm, FREE, Fast-paced hour of ideas, entrepreneurs and bikes, capturing the exciting things happening in the bike industry, RSVP ♫ ♦ Art on the Airwaves @ Union Docs (322 Union Avenue), 7:30 pm, $10, A showcase of radio documentary selected by James T. Green, cofounder of Postloudness, a collective of independent audio shows by people of color, women, and queer-identified hosts that aims to create a community of unique voices in audio. Buy tix ♫ Anna McClellan (Record Release), Navy Gangs @ ALPHAVILLE (140 Wilson Avenue), 10pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ Mughal Legion 3 Ft. Fanaa @ Legion Bar (790 Metropolitan Ave), 10pm, FREE, Part 3 of a monthly-ish series of musical rites to be performed at Legion Bar, curated by Mughal Muesli. More info Continue reading →
Flip Cupid the bird and celebrate singledom at the skint’s Third Annual “It’s Friday, I’m (Not) in Love” Anti-Valentine’s Party on Friday, February 9th at littlefield (635 Sackett St).
Hug yourself and sway as the aptly-named DJ Gordon Gloom (Feeling Gloomy, YDH2S) spins songs of heartache and desire from the 80s to today. Purge your emotional baggage with our cleansing anti-love ritual. Use our photo booth to show the world (and your exes) how much better you’re doing on your own. Lubricate yourself with themed drink specials.
Dress in black. All black. Only black. Creativity will be rewarded. $7 in advance, $10 at the door. Buy tix[sponsored]
^ Author Talk: Thomas Werner “The Fashion Image” @ A/D/O (29 Norman Ave), 6:30pm, FREE, Acclaimed curator, former owner of Thomas Werner Gallery, Photography Program Director at Parsons School of Design, and Editor-at-Large of Paris-based IRK magazine, Werner shares his insight into the fashion design process, More info ♫ The Warhawks // The Nuclears // Not Amused // Edna @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St), 7:30pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ Dervisi @ Troost (1011 Manhattan Ave), 8pm, FREE, Bittersweet melodies of passion and hashish from the old-time Greek Rembetika underworld, More info ☺ Limited Resources 14 @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St), 9pm, $6, Featuring Guillermo Pizarro (Philly), Richard Kamerman, Sandy Ewen, & Chris LiButti, More info
# Scandinavian Spirits @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $30, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Iceland share a spirited history of drinking traditions—most notably around aquavit. Learn about the world of Scandinavian spirits and the traditions that have grown up around them, Buy tix ♫ Girlpool @ Brooklyn Steel (319 Frost St), 8pm, $18, Buy tix # Same Same But Different @ Magick City (37 Box St), 7pm, $40, We are collaborating on a Cambo-Chino mashup of scents, flavors, and traditions to celebrate two distinct cultures that share the same passion for family, fun, and good food. (And pickled things.), Buy tix ♫ Whitney Fierce x Elle Dee @ Rose Gold (96 Morgan Ave), 10pm, FREE/$10, More infoContinue reading →
* Plant Magik 101: The Seeds @ Catland (987 Flushing Ave), 7pm, $20, We will explore all of the fertile magik of the seed and the historic, traditional and folk usages of plant magik and it’s component parts, Buy tix ♫ ZZZWalk • New Rose • Brendan Sullivan @ Union Pool (484 Union Ave), 8pm, $8, More info ☺ Mid Riff 13 @ The Twenty (177 Grand St), 8:30pm, FREE, Featuring the crazy hot comedians: Samantha Ruddy, Diego Lopez, Jessica Watkins, Julia Shiplett, Lizzie Martinez and Sean Patton, More info ☺ Funhouse Comedy @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer St), 10pm, FREE, The lineup is hot to offset this true winter bs, More info
♫ Nerveshatter / Prostitution / Blackest / Wreath of Tongues @ El Cortez (17 Ingraham St), 7pm, $10, Buy tix * Guided Meditation + Affirmations w/Linzi Silverman + It’s Not Personal @ New Women Space (188 Woodpoint Rd), 7:30pm, $15, We’ll write love letters to ourselves, develop morning affirmations and finish with a self-love mantra you can take with you in your pocket, Buy tix ♫ Mike Donovan and Purling Hiss with Justin Frye @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St), 8pm, FREE, More info ♦ Blocked & Reported @ The Woods (48 S 4th St), 9pm, FREE, Meme themed art show/party featuring all your favorite internet outcasts lmao, More info ♫ Pond @ Warsaw (261 Driggs Ave), 9pm, $25, Buy tixContinue reading →
♫ Momentum/Rite of Wed: Bodywork / Hunter Vita / Nathan Kersaint @ TBA Brooklyn (395 Wythe Ave), 6pm, FREE, More info * Kokrobitey Institute Talk @ Wythe Hotel (80 Wythe Ave), 7pm, FREE, Elise McMahon and Sekou Neblett discuss their work together in Ghana surrounding how art and design play a role in the midst of a global discourse around sustainable development, RSVP * Kundalini Flow with Dani Katz @ Root Mamma (236 Richardson St), 7:30pm, $20, Exercise your body, mind, and spirit, open your channels, and live in a state of flow, RSVP ♫ Limited Resources 13 @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St), 9pm, $6, Our one year anniversary show! Featuring the soothing sounds of Chris Pitsiokos (Sax Destroyer), Tim Dahl (Bass Wrangler), and Kevin Shea (Drum Machine), More info
^ “The Woman in the Window” Book Launch @ Space Ninety 8 (98 N 6th St), 6:30pm, FREE, “The Woman in the Window” is a twisty, Hitchcockian psychological thriller about an agoraphobic woman who believes she witnessed a crime in a neighboring house, More info ☺ Branded Content Presents: PETCO @ Pine Box Rock Shop (12 Grattan St), 8pm, FREE, We’ll be wearing Louis Vuitton Leashes, serving complimentary milk bones, and presenting comedy, More info ♫ Frendzone! // Dorisburg (live) / Octo Octa / Kellam Matthews @ Good Room (98 Meserole Ave), 10pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ The Juan MacLean & Friends January Residency @ Rose Gold (96 Morgan Ave), 10pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ An All Star Tribute to ACDC at Brooklyn Bowl @ Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe Ave), 8pm, $12, Buy tixContinue reading →
* Day of the Ancestors (Dead) Celebration w/ Maestro Manuel Rufino @ Golden Drum (97 Green St), 6pm, FREE, Come and make PEACE with your ancestors, heal old relationships, make peace with the ones that left before us, reprogram your DNA. Forget, forgive, let go, More info ♫ Boris w/ Mutoid Man, Endon @ Warsaw (261 Driggs Ave), 8pm, $22, Buy tix ☺ Bazaar Comedy ft. Josh Johnson, Janelle James, Mookie Thompson and more! @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave), 8pm, $8, Hosted by Mookie Thompson and featuring nationally recognized acts with no drink minimum and no absurd ticket price. This is the real deal, More info ☺ Parks and Recreation Bingo @ Videology (308 Bedford Ave), 9pm, FREE, Watch for things like the Snakehole lounge, breakfast food, and portraits of Hillary Clinton. Listen for mentions of “Tammy,” “Duke Silver,” and “Mouserat.” Get a BINGO and you’ll win a free drink! More info
♫ Día de Los Muertos Happy Hour and Dance Party @ Cantina Royal (58 N 3rd St), 6:30pm, $50, Join Mixteca Organization for a celebration of life and the Day of the Dead. Mexican food and drinks and music by DJ Geko Jones! Proceeds will benefit Mixteca Organization’s legal and emotional health services for recently-arrived immigrants, Buy tix ♫ AVERSED/Circuitry/Dead City Crown/Animist/Suaka @ Bar Matchless (557 Manhattan Ave), 7pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ CF25: Kicking Giant, Pacific Ocean, Bridget St John, Honeybunch @ Union Pool (484 Union Ave), 8pm, $15, Buy tix Continue reading →
Join EcoHealth Alliance’s Young Professionals Council at the Brooklyn Brewery (79 North 11th St) on Thursday, Oct. 19th starting at 7:30pm for a deep dive into how diseases are spread and a demonstration of the latest in technology used to stop diseases in their tracks.
Brooklyn Oktoberfest comes to The Greenpoint Terminal Warehouse (67 West St) this weekend (10/20-10/22) with an authentic Munich festival tent, complete with Bavarian blue & white decorations, live music, German dancers, ceremonial keg tapping, sausages, roast port, pretzels, and rare limited edition German beer! Greenpointers get $10 off tix! Buy yours here with discount code “Greenpoint”.
* Trauma & Tension Release for Inner Peace @ Narayana Yoga Project (191 Nassau Ave), 6:30pm, $45, This workshop will teach you a fascinating approach to trauma, our bodies and our emotions. You will receive take-home tools and practical information from Yoga Therapy and other forms of trauma releasing work, Buy tix # Istanbul and Beyond with Robyn Eckhardt @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $25, Istanbul & Beyond documents regional cuisines and life in the villages, cities, farms, and high pastures of the lesser-known provinces throughout Turkey, Buy tix * Lunation Kundalini Shakti Transmission New Moon In Libra @ Golden Drum (97 Green St), 7:30pm, $25, This New Moon is the perfect energy as the double air energy creates more space for our creativity to flow into the Earth Realm, Buy tix ♫ Chorizo Slim and The Boogie Blues Band @ TROOST (1011 Manhattan Ave), 8pm, FREE, Chorizo Slim returns to team up with Stan Zenkoff, Charles Bennet, and Daniel Goldshtein to play their own style of 40’s/50’s Rhythm & Blues and Boogie Woogie, More info
* Energizing and Focusing Morning Qi Gong @ Root Mamma (236 Richardson St), 8am, $10, This morning class will focus on Qi massage and movement practices aimed at waking up your body and balancing your mind. No experience necessary, More info * New Moon Sound Bath with Reiki Healing @ Magick City (37 Box St), 6:30pm, $44, During this Sound Bath Meditation we will help you to harmonize your dreams with your mind, body and spirit by taking you deeper into your own intuitive guidance, Buy tix ♦ Karrabing Film Collective’s Night Time Go + Inaat/se/ @ Union Docs (322 Union Ave), 7:30pm, $10, We are lucky to have the Karrabing Collective in town for a night of documentary that blends the nuanced, overt, and specific ways the colonialized have and continue to resist, Buy tix ♫ Aerial Ruin, Blacksage, Nighttime @ Bar Matchless (557 Manhattan Ave), 8pm, $10, Aerial Ruin, based in Portland, Oregon is the primarily acoustic solo project of Erik Moggridge whose “richly evocative dark folk style makes for a head-in-hand listening experience, Buy tix ♫ Zula (EP Release), Combo Chimbita, Erica Eso, Frank Hurricaine @ The Park Church Co-op (129 Russell St), 8pm, $10, Buy tix Continue reading →
WEDNESDAY 10/4 ♫ Momentum-Rite of Wednesdays w/ Viviana Toscanini / Chris Cross@ TBA Brooklyn (395 Wythe Ave), 6pm, FREE, Buy tix * Trash Free NYC Waters Public Meeting @ Newtown Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant – Visitor Center (327 Greenpoint Ave), 6pm, FREE, A meeting on the City’s MS4 Program and the development of a comprehensive Stormwater Management Program (SWMP), More info ♫ RockBitchCity! Loosh/Maria Neckam/May Cheung @ Terra Firma (119 Ingraham St), 7:30pm, FREE, More info ♫ The Grateful Ball: The Travelin’ McCourys + Jeff Austin Band @ Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe Ave), 8pm, $15, Buy tix
THURSDAY 10/5 * Ketamine: The Musical @ House of YES (2 Wyckoff Ave), 7pm, $20, Profound and numbing, time will stand still as circus, dance, balloons, horses, clowns, sugar and music, so much music, swallow you whole. Enter the hole, Buy tix * 3rd Annual SSKCA Oktoberfest Celebration @ Brooklyn Brewery (79 N 11th St), 7:30pm, $60, Unlimited brews, German food, & prizes! Proceeds will support St. Stanislaus Kostka’s new chess curriculum! Buy tix ♫ Karma Kids Presents – Hip Hop on a School Night @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St), 9pm, $7, Cody Cody Jones (Pitt/Philly), Fuerrilla Warfare (NYC), Ialive (Philly), Blastmaster Baker (BK via Youngstown), Mic Lanny (Albany), & Duncecap, More info ♦ High Tension with a Live Score @ Videology (308 Bedford Ave), 9pm, $16, Featuring a new, electronic score performed by Adrianna “Gooddroid” Moschides! The film will be presented without sound, Buy tix Continue reading →
TASTE Williamsburg Greenpoint 2017 is back in its 8th year for another block-party-style event in East River State Park (90 Kent Ave), featuring tastes from over 40 of the neighborhood’s best spots, live music, demonstrations and much, much more! Greenpointers get 40% off tickets!
WEDNESDAY 9/13 ♫ Wilder Maker // Big Search // Jesse Harris @ Rough Trade (64 N 9th St), 7pm, $10, Wilder Maker’s songs keenly observe landscapes of desire and abandon, filled with colorful characters and street revelations, Buy tix ♦ MAG Exhibition Opening Reception @ C’mon Everybody (325 Franklin Ave), 7pm, FREE, Molly Goldfarb’s is filling C’mon Everybody’s renovated gallery space for a solo show full of brand new works, More info ♫ NE-HI, Honduras, Gymshorts @ Alphaville (140 Wilson Ave), 8pm, $10, Buy tix
THURSDAY 9/14 ^ Ben Blum presents Ranger Games with Matt Gallagher @ WORD (126 Franklin St), 7pm, FREE, In his final hours of leave, Alex Blum, with two fellow soldiers and two strangers, drove to a local bank in Tacoma, and committed armed robbery, More info # Pizza Night @ Archestratus Books + Food (160 Huron St), 7pm, $19, Pick your toppings to create the personal pizza of your dreams! We have gluten-free crusts, too!, More info ♫ The Meadows Official Afterparty ft. Big Wild @ Schimanski (54 N 11th St), 8pm, $22, Buy tix * Pop-up Ironing @ Brooklyn Safehouse (120 Franklin St), 9pm, FREE, Jeremy Hook is setting up a ironing board and wants to help you fix your rumpled duds. Continue reading →
WEDNESDAY 9/6 * Awaken + Activate with Rockstar Shaman @ The William Vale (111 N 12th St), 7pm, $20, Join us as Alyson Charles guides a meditation, card reading & a chakra healing so you can deepen your connection to your purpose here on Earth, Buy tix ♫ Sofar Sounds @ Secret Location, 8pm, $15, An intimate concert in a secret Greenpoint location & BYOB. (use code GREENPOINTERS-5B7D8), More info * Ismay Ousten & Avery Leigh’s Night Palace @ Magick City (37 Box St), 8:30pm, FREE, A night of shimmery full moon magic with dreamy kombucha cocktails & sweet, intimate vibes, More info ♦ Michael Jackson’s Moonwalker @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave), 9pm, FREE, Concert footage, concept videos and a career retrospective make up a video portrait of pop superstar Michael Jackson, More info
THURSDAY 9/7 * North Brooklyn L Train Council Candidates & Com. Partners Forum @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave), 6:30pm, FREE, This is your chance to ask questions and get answers about how your local leaders plan to navigate the coming shutdown, More info ♫ Goldie Awards 1st Annual DJ & Beat Battle @ Brooklyn Steel (319 Frost St), 7pm, $20, Hosted by Dave East, Presented by A-Trak. Judges: Diplo, Mannie Fresh, Craze, Destructo, Just Blaze, Mija, & The Whooligan, Buy tix # Rachel Baiman & Nathan Xander @ Union Pool (484 Union Ave), 8pm, $10, Buy tix Continue reading →