Creative minds make connections that most of us never make, and this is never truer than with sculptor Susan Pullman Brooks’ show, Sacred Luminosity, which opens this Friday, April 14th at Gallery AWA (61 Greenpoint Ave. #306). The exhibit explores the connections between the goddesses of Vedic Pantheon of India and Celtic deities. Brooks has a keen artistic vision, creating art that reflect the cycles of life and death and in forgotten remnants of culture. Brooks is extremely familiar with Indian culture not only because she has spent a lot of time in India, but also because her husband Douglas Brooks, a professor of religion at Rochester University, has devoted decades of his life studying Sanskrit and the Hindu faith. Continue reading
- Massive School of Fish Spotted in Newtown Creek
- Overnight Repaving of Greenpoint Avenue Scheduled for Wednesday Night
- Virtual Combined SLA Review and Public Safety Meeting for Brooklyn Community Board 1 is Tonight
- Greenpoint This Week: More Open Streets, Met Foods Workers Awarded, Pipeline Construction Resumes, and More!
- Where to Buy Face Masks in Greenpoint and Williamsburg