Creative minds make connections that most of us never make, and this is never truer than with sculptor Susan Pullman Brooks’ show, Sacred Luminosity, which opens this Friday, April 14th at Gallery AWA (61 Greenpoint Ave. #306). The exhibit explores the connections between the goddesses of Vedic Pantheon of India and Celtic deities. Brooks has a keen artistic vision, creating art that reflect the cycles of life and death and in forgotten remnants of culture. Brooks is extremely familiar with Indian culture not only because she has spent a lot of time in India, but also because her husband Douglas Brooks, a professor of religion at Rochester University, has devoted decades of his life studying Sanskrit and the Hindu faith. Continue reading
- Greenpoint This Week: Greenpoint Library Meeting, Gallery Night Returns, MTA Bushwick Inlet Towers, and More!
- Greenpoint Hill Marks Closing With Final Sale
- Friends of Greenpoint Library to Meet Next Wednesday (10/23)
- Randolph Beer Relaunches its Williamsburg Location
- Next Friday: Greenpoint Gallery Night returns for 15th edition