Abhay Wadhwa’s Gallery AWA is a unique addition to our neighborhood. Located on the third floor of the Pencil Factory at 61 Greenpoint Avenue, the gallery is an attempt to reverse the trend in the art world that sees art solely in terms of profits and the bottom line. Abhay has decided not only to show great art, but also to use art as a vehicle to raise social consciousness. He’s decided to curate exhibits that provide great artists from under-represented parts of the world with a venue to show their talent. The art he chooses is not only beautiful, but also socially-engaged. It’s art that makes the viewer aware of the issues that billions of people around the world face on a daily basis. Continue reading
- Greenpoint This Week: Something’s Fishy, Drive or Walk-In Cinema, Wild Masks, and More!
- Greenpoint’s New Drive-In Cinema Includes Seating Area for Pedestrians
- Greenery Unlimited Returns This Weekend With ‘Almost Summer’ Sidewalk Plant Sale
- Where to Get Takeout Cocktails in Greenpoint and Williamsburg
- Thursday Spotlight: Masks In The Wild Commissions Artists and Promotes Public Health