Our Flower Power-themed Greenpointers Spring Market is THIS SUNDAY (April 7th, 1-7PM) inside one of Brooklyn’s historic spaces, the beautiful Greenpoint Loft (67 West St)! Shop from 60+ highly curated local crafters and artisans while enjoying live music, views of the NYC skyline, FREE fun activities like roof deck yoga, dreamcatcher workshops, butterfly making station, immersive fairy glen, photo booth decked out with a floral art installation, 3D avatar creation, poetry, & more! Celebrate the season with peace, love, and supporting local indie business.
* Bushwick Adult Dancing @ Earth Arts (936 Madison St.), 7pm, $10-$20, This class is focused on a creative and supportive system for women, fem and female identifying communities from all walks of life and body types. The mission is to create physical, emotional, spiritual strength and healing through dance. Buy Tix
* Doctor’s Orders Presented By The Shift Workshop @ The William Vale (111 N. 12th St.), 7pm, FREE, What happens when a biologist, physician, neuroscientist and sex researcher join together to answer questions you may have never felt comfortable asking your own doctor? More info
♫ Limited Resources 28 @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer), 9pm, $10 donation, More Info
♫ Homecoming Spring Affair with DJ Greg Poole @ Good Room (98 Meserole Ave.), 9pm, FREE, More Info
* Transportation Committee Mtg — Community Board 1 @ Swinging 60s Senior Center (211 Ainslie St.), 6:30pm, FREE, More Info
♦ LIGHT YEAR 48: Digital Fairy Tales, Vengeance is Mine @ Pearl Street Triangle, 7pm, FREE, video art projected onto the Manhattan Bridge, More Info
♫ Canned Heat: A Jamiroquai Party @ Schimanski (54 N. 11th St.), 8pm, FREE w/ RSVP til 9pm, $10 after, RSVP
♫ The Buck Stops at Pete’s @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer St.), 11pm, $5 suggested, More Info Continue reading
Category: What's Happening?
Tags: 61 Local, archestratus, black flamingo, brooklyn bazaar, Earth Arts, gamba forest, greenpoint loft, greenpointers spring market, House of Yes, Kingsland Wildflower, Muchmore's, national sawdust, Pearl Street Triangle, pete's candy store, Shimanski, smorgasburg, Spoonbill Studio, swinging 60s senior center, TBA brooklyn, Teddy's Bar and Grill, The Brooklyn Brewery, The Good Room, The Park Church Co-op, The William Vale, torst, Triskelion
♦ Wave, Particle, Duplex by Studio SWINE. @ A/D/O (29 Norman Ave.), 10am, FREE, More Info
* Pinball with Park Church Co-op @ Sunshine Laundromat (860 Manhattan Ave.), 6pm, FREE, pinball and happy hour, Buy Tix
♦ Secrets of Green-Wood /// Sexless Cocaine Saturday @ The Brick (579 Metropolitan Ave.), 8pm, $20, a shadow play with puppets, Buy Tix
♫ Kangaroo~eCOCOBOYS~Henry Something~Jovial Cacophony @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer), 9pm, $7, Buy Tix
♦ Drawing Brooklyn Presents: Figure Drawing and Pizza! @ 1oo Bogart (100 Bogart St.), 6:30pm, $15, Buy Tix
# I AM A FILIPINO: Dinner with Nicole Ponseca and Miguel Trinidad @ Archestratus (160 Huron St.) 7pm, $50, Buy Tix
♦ Ceremonial Tattoo Artist Lecture with Huitzomitl @ Sacred Arts Research Center (107 Green St. #G55), 7pm, FREE, For the first time in New York, Huitzomitl, a Mexica Ceremonial artist, is going to share his research and practice of traditional tattoo, More Info
☺ Franny and Not Zooey Present A Comedy Show About Comedy @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer St.), 7pm, FREE, More Info Continue reading
Category: Art/Music, Culture, Events, What's Happening?
Tags: 100 bogart, A/D/O, Anima Mundi, Archestratus Books and Food, black flamingo, El Cortez, gutter bar, Jupiter Disco, Muchmore's, Nitehawk, Our Wicked Lady, pete's candy store, pine box rock shop, Rubulad, sacred arts research foundation, Schmorgasburg, Shimanski, sunshine laundromat, TBA, The Brick, The Good Room, Union Docs, william vale, Word
♦ Katya Grokhovsky: Bad Acts @ Wythe Hotel (80 Wythe Ave.), 6:30pm, FREE w/ RSVP, video, live performance and Q+A part of the Wythe Hotel Artist Residency Series, more info
* VOCÊ episode 4: real talk, realpolitik @ Bar Uni (674 Manhattan Ave.), 7pm, FREE, poetry, music, meditation, comedy and politics, More Info
♫ Bot Garden, The Big Net, Hard Pass, **Secret Set** at SPR @ Secret Project Robot (1186 Broadway), 7:30pm, $8, rock, Indie and punk, More Info
* Late Nights On Air / mayday heyday parfait / Landing Sites @ Center for Performance Research (361 Manhattan Ave), 7:30pm, $10-12, Buy Tix
* Intro to Dream Interpretation @ Catland (987 Flushing Ave.), 7pm, $15, Buy Tix
^♫ Houston Rap Tapes: Lance Scott Walker and Jacques Morel @ McNally Jackson Williamsburg (76 North 4 St.) 7pm, FREE, an oral history of Bayou City Hip Hop, More Info
♦ The Image You Missed @ Union Docs (322 Union Ave.), 7:30pm, $10, Personal history interspersed with the history of the Troubles in Northern Ireland, Buy Tix
♦ Opening Reception: Self-Indulgence VS Subtexture @ Sage Brooklyn (299-301 Graham Ave.), 8pm, FREE, More Info Continue reading
Category: What's Happening?
Tags: AgTech X, archestratus, Bar Uni, C'mon Everybody, Catland, Center for Performance Research, gutter bar, House of Yes, Magick City, McNally Jackson Williamsburg, Muchmore's, national sawdust, pete's candy store, Rubulad, Sage Brooklyn, Secret Project Robot, Shimanski, Spoonbill Studio, syndicated, TBA, The Good Room, The Ides, Union Docs, Word, wythe hotel