Visions opened on Friday, June 27 at The Picture Show in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. “We were looking for myths, dreams, and hallucinations,” said Megan Clement, and ultimately, the selected “films…were dreamlike, or expressed aspects of the unconscious in an abstract way.” Peruvian artist Mariana Tschudi, who did extensive research on medicinal plants, such as Ayahuasca (also commonly called yagé), and their phenomenological effects debuted her most recent work, “Transcending Our Shadows.” Continue reading
- Pics: Yesterday’s Spring Snowstorm in North Brooklyn
- Call For Neighborhood Galleries! Sign Up For The Next Greenpoint Gallery Night!
- Church of the Ascension’s Parish Hall Gets an Unrecognizable Facelift
- Thursday Spotlight: Artist Richard Humann on An Evolving Neighborhood
- Art Roundup 3/23-3/25: Exhibit Openings/Closings, Holy Week, and Comedy