Sunday, January 14th is a day of pride for the Puerto Rican community in North Brooklyn. It is the celebration of the feast of the Three Kings and there is an enthusiastic parade and celebration of Puerto Rican culture on Grand Street. In traditional Puerto Rican culture, the feast day was a day of celebration and gift giving that was actually bigger than Christmas for many Puerto Ricans. So it’s a good time to reflect on the long history of Puerto Ricans in our part of Brooklyn. Continue reading
- Tennis, Japan Eats!, Rich Medina, Drag Queen Story Hour — What’s Happening, Greenpoint? (1/17–1/23)
- Experimental Indie Theatre in North Brooklyn at The Exponential Festival This Weekend!
- The L-Pocalypse is Nigh: Attend These Open House Meetings to Ask Honest Questions
- Soup Takedown & National Popcorn Day This Weekend
- Acclaimed 80s Polish TV Drama “The Decalogue” Showing at Film Noir — All 10 Epic Episodes