Sunday, January 14th is a day of pride for the Puerto Rican community in North Brooklyn. It is the celebration of the feast of the Three Kings and there is an enthusiastic parade and celebration of Puerto Rican culture on Grand Street. In traditional Puerto Rican culture, the feast day was a day of celebration and gift giving that was actually bigger than Christmas for many Puerto Ricans. So it’s a good time to reflect on the long history of Puerto Ricans in our part of Brooklyn. Continue reading
- An Art Heist, An Environmental Vision and Another Hit and Run — The Hook-Up (3/16)
- Dreampop Band Glass Valley Just Blessed Us with a New Video
- A Night of Japanese Bands at The Knitting Factory This Sunday (3/18)
- The Torch Must Be Passed: Allow Me To Introduce Your New Art Editor
- Hot News for the Summer: McCarren Park Getting Grills and Food Trucks!