We profiled local weirdo and musician Brad Cantor a few months ago about his musical project Glass Valley. The vintage-sounding dreampop debut An Intimate Man was co-produced and mixed by Asobi Seksu guitarist James Hanna. It’s well-crafted and worth a listen, especially if you’re in a nostalgic mood and need a soundtrack for your sorrows. Brad stars in the video for instrumental track Psrip, in which you will never be able to get enough of his piercing gaze. Psrip was an homage to folk artist Pete Seeger’s instrumental interludes (hence the name, P.S. RIP). Brad says that he actually wanted to add more versions of himself into the video, but maxed out, limited by the processing power on his computer. If you need a palette cleanser afterward, check out the video below for Glass Valley’s Friction Burns, which does not feature Brad but instead some adorable slow-mo birds lunching in a Manhattan park. Enjoy. Continue reading
- Massive School of Fish Spotted in Newtown Creek
- Overnight Repaving of Greenpoint Avenue Scheduled for Wednesday Night
- Virtual Combined SLA Review and Public Safety Meeting for Brooklyn Community Board 1 is Tonight
- Greenpoint This Week: More Open Streets, Met Foods Workers Awarded, Pipeline Construction Resumes, and More!
- Where to Buy Face Masks in Greenpoint and Williamsburg