Growing up, I lived a stone’s throw from Lake Michigan. Nearly every day during the summer I’d go to the beach, but on the hottest afternoons, I stayed indoors. On these lazy days, I’d grab a fistful of freshly peeled carrots (this was before the ubiquity of packaged “baby carrots”) and a stack of picture books, and disappear for a while to my hiding spot— above a floor vent, under a sunny window, behind a big, blue chair.
- Greenpoint This Week: Something’s Fishy, Drive or Walk-In Cinema, Wild Masks, and More!
- Greenpoint’s New Drive-In Cinema Includes Seating Area for Pedestrians
- Greenery Unlimited Returns This Weekend With ‘Almost Summer’ Sidewalk Plant Sale
- Where to Get Takeout Cocktails in Greenpoint and Williamsburg
- Thursday Spotlight: Masks In The Wild Commissions Artists and Promotes Public Health