In the land of pairing food with libations, there are wine pairings and beer pairings but whiskey pairings? Apparently, this is considered “outré by many” but as I learned one late Saturday morning, whiskey not only serves as a pretty effective hair of the dog, but it goes really well with waffles. I’m talking the freshly made, thick, crispy, golden kind that is ready to be topped with piles of toppings like maple syrup, peanut butter, chocolate, whipped cream, and fruit. If you’re not groggy from food coma after this, you’ll ease into your lazy Saturday by sipping on Old Fashioneds. It gets your creative juices flowing before you start getting crafty.
- Greenpoint This Week: Market Mania, EPA Newtown Creek Plan, 2005 Rezoning and Displacement, and More!
- Weekend Must-Do’s: Greenpointers Nutcracker Holiday Market, Gold Dust, Oddities Flea, STREB Slam + MORE!!
- High Flying STREB Production “Action Heroes: Sooner, Higher, Faster, Harder!” Runs Through 12-15
- EPA Proposes Newtown Creek Tunnel to Divert 61 Percent of Annual Wastewater Overflow
- Thursday Spotlight: Ryan William Downey on creating theater that’s “slapstick comedy, abject horror, and pure existential dread”