Walking down Greenpoint Ave. I noted that Wendy’s Bar (123 Greenpoint Ave) was being gutted, all its contents into a dumpster. I couldn’t get any information on what was going on or what will open up there next. This thread on Chowhound from October 2013 laments its closing and discusses impending “homogeny” in the area as other Polish joints close. Continue reading
- Greenpoint This Week: Market Mania, EPA Newtown Creek Plan, 2005 Rezoning and Displacement, and More!
- Weekend Must-Do’s: Greenpointers Nutcracker Holiday Market, Gold Dust, Oddities Flea, STREB Slam + MORE!!
- High Flying STREB Production “Action Heroes: Sooner, Higher, Faster, Harder!” Runs Through 12-15
- EPA Proposes Newtown Creek Tunnel to Divert 61 Percent of Annual Wastewater Overflow
- Thursday Spotlight: Ryan William Downey on creating theater that’s “slapstick comedy, abject horror, and pure existential dread”