Starting this morning, the East River Ferry is no more—it’s transitioning into a new entity, NYC Ferry, to provide city-wide service. The good thing about the new city-subsidized service is that fares are being slashed to $2.75 for a one-way ticket (formerly up to $6). As Greenpoint’s waterfront transforms itself from industrial shoreline to “Dubai on the East River,” and greater numbers of people settle along the East River shore the importance of local ferry service becomes increasingly important. Let’s take a look at the history of the Greenpoint ferry. Continue reading
- A/D/O Super Market, Greencycle Holiday Swap, Christmas Cumbia Party, Breakfast with Santa — What’s Happening, Greenpoint? (12/11-12/17)
- EPA Hosts Newtown Creek Control Plan Comment Session in Greenpoint Wednesday (12/11)
- Brookyln Community Board 1’s Monthly Public Meeting is Tonight (12/10)
- Fashion Sundae Episode 20
- Greenpoint This Week: Market Mania, EPA Newtown Creek Plan, 2005 Rezoning and Displacement, and More!