A few weeks back, Kickstarter opened its new Greenpoint office for a Creators Open House, revealing a beautiful renovation reflective of the many warehouse conversions in our neighborhood. Though factory aesthetics are a dime a dozen in North Brooklyn, this headquarters stands out, with a theater (Kickstarter has successfully funded 13,368 film and video projects to date), an art gallery (they hope to host exhibits for aspiring artists), a sprawling recreational and kitchen area with a long bar and seating booths, and a terrarium-like nature insertion between glass and wood walls. And that’s just the first floor.
- Polish Anti-Authoritarian Signs Pop-Up in Greenpoint
- Rule of Thirds Reopens This Week for Outdoor Dining
- Thursday Spotlight: Macha Studio Gets a Brick and Mortar on Franklin Street
- Carolyn Maloney Certified the Winner in Congressional Primary
- Outdoor-Only Williamsburg Restaurant, Strangeways, Opens Friday