Last Monday neighborhood residents were witness to a rare sighting of the locally famous and indigenous/ursine hoops fan, KnickerBear. Standing near the corner of West Street and Greenpoint Ave. crying his hard, marble eyes out with middle fingers raised to the sky, KnickerBear let the north Brooklyn neighborhood know exactly what he thought of it–and of his team’s defense recently getting turned into Swiss cheese by Deron Williams and the rest of the Brooklyn Nets.
- Air Guitar Championships, Evening on the Ganges, Always Happy Comedy Bop — What’s Happening, Greenpoint? (6/26-7/2)
- Greenpoint artist welcomes celebrities at gallery opening
- Pride party Permanent Water comes to Wythe Hotel June 27
- Thursday Spotlight: Tommy Kha and the “negotiation between worlds”
- Environmental History Project, Peppermint Soda, Gateway to Greenpoint — What’s Happening, Greenpoint? (6/19-6/25)