In the land of pairing food with libations, there are wine pairings and beer pairings but whiskey pairings? Apparently, this is considered “outré by many” but as I learned one late Saturday morning, whiskey not only serves as a pretty effective hair of the dog, but it goes really well with waffles. I’m talking the freshly made, thick, crispy, golden kind that is ready to be topped with piles of toppings like maple syrup, peanut butter, chocolate, whipped cream, and fruit. If you’re not groggy from food coma after this, you’ll ease into your lazy Saturday by sipping on Old Fashioneds. It gets your creative juices flowing before you start getting crafty.
- Thursday Spotlight: Ryan William Downey on creating theater that’s “slapstick comedy, abject horror, and pure existential dread”
- Ps 34 Parent Teacher Association Holds Online Auction to Raise Funds
- Greenpointers Holiday Market, Oddities Flea, Myths of Creation Holiday Pop Up — What’s Happening, Greenpoint? (12/4-12/10)
- Neighborhood Carolers will Sing Around Greenpoint on December 20
- Giving Tuesday! Help HOSH Yoga Become a 20 Year Brooklyn Wellness Institution