The news came in June and some of us are still reeling from it. After nine-and-a-half years at 988 Manhattan Avenue, The Habitat will be closing its doors forever on Saturday, September 16th. The owners tried to negotiate a new lease with reasonable market rates, but they couldn’t come to an agreement with the landlords. Ever since I first stepped foot inside during an epic 2008 pub crawl, Habitat has always held a special place in my heart. The trivia night involving real buzzers and graphics, art shows including one involving my first true love (ice cream), afternoon happy hour, their always fantastic tap list, and of course, the food. Delicious, unpretentious, and affordable, as good bar food should be. To me, Habitat and Mark Bar (RIP) balanced each other out on what was the quieter side of Manhattan Avenue. Alas, all good things must come to an end. Continue reading
- Facing Closure, Park Church Co-op Seeks Community Support
- TASTE Williamsburg/Greenpoint Now On Sale!
- Greenpoint This Week: Safe Way Home Act, Old Bay Seasoning, Carolyn Maloney’s Challangers, and More
- [email protected] Bounces Back With a Grand Rebrand After Almost Closing
- Greenpoint Retail Round-Up: New Ice Cream Shop, Barley Rebrand and More