Oil spill? Toxins? Plumes? Is Greenpoint safe? If you live or work here, you should be concerned about how your health is affected by these big problems. Please come and learn about the history behind our neighborhood’s toxic legacy and how it can be cleaned up. This important topic will be the focus of a discussion on Wednesday May 23, 2012 at 7pm in Anella’s backyard (222 Franklin St), in a panel moderated by Cara Canella of Speak Easy Series. Panelists include Kate Zidar of Newtown Creek Alliance, Laura Hoffman of O.U.T.R.A.G.E. (Organizations United for Trash Reduction and Garbage Equity), Mike Schade of Center for Health & Environmental Justice. RSVP: lincoln (at) lincolnrestler.org.
- The New Menu at Tørst is a Perfect Mix of Nordic & American
- Elegance Lost: Greenpoint’s Colonnade Row on Humboldt Street
- There Was No Raining on the Parade of the Greenpointers Valentine’s Market
- Six Art Shows To Check Out This Weekend!
- Feminist Tattoos, Putin + Trump Lovefest, and CB1 Livestreams — The Hook-Up 2/17