While getting some to-go lunch at Radish (158 Bedford Ave.), I spotted a jar of Spiced Beer Jelly from Anarchy in a Jar. I’d never heard of such a thing, but the first ingredient on the label was Six Craft Ales, along with local apples, sugar, lemon juice, black cardamom, indonesian cinnamon, grains of paradise and all natural pectin. I gave it a go with some crusty bread and bleu cheese. This might be one of my new favorite jarred goodies, right up next to Bacon Marmalade. It is nicely spiced, apples are the prevalent flavor, and it is not too sweet or overly zesty. On cheese it is complimentary like a fig jam would be, but much more subtle in flavor. As for the beer, there isn’t a strong beer flavor, but it’s damn good.
- Depeche Mode Party, Bad Jazz, Structural Constellations, NYC Beer Week, Oscar Parties – What’s happening, Greenpoint? (2/22–2/28)
- This Weekend! Open Call For 48 Consecutive Hours of Art
- Don’t Miss This Pop-up Shop: We Are The Resistance, Thursday 2/23
- Greenpoint’s Most Famous Reputed Living Gangster Turns One Hundred Years Old
- The Big Cat Menagerie: The Django Inspired Band Your Party Playlist Needs