In the land of pairing food with libations, there are wine pairings and beer pairings but whiskey pairings? Apparently, this is considered “outré by many” but as I learned one late Saturday morning, whiskey not only serves as a pretty effective hair of the dog, but it goes really well with waffles. I’m talking the freshly made, thick, crispy, golden kind that is ready to be topped with piles of toppings like maple syrup, peanut butter, chocolate, whipped cream, and fruit. If you’re not groggy from food coma after this, you’ll ease into your lazy Saturday by sipping on Old Fashioneds. It gets your creative juices flowing before you start getting crafty.
- North Brooklyn Chamber to Distribute Reusable Bags Sunday (3/1) as Plastic Bag Ban Takes Effect
- Sicilian Dinner, Nobody’s Hosting Drag Race, Bern Fest, Art of SPAM, What’s Happening, Greenpoint? (2/26-3/4)
- Bar, Restaurant, and Listening Room, Good Bar’s Grand Opening is Friday (2/28)
- Notorious Mobster With Locals Roots “Sonny” Franseze Passes Away at 103
- Greenpoint Original Pizza Opening at Former Carmine’s Original Pizza This Saturday