In the land of pairing food with libations, there are wine pairings and beer pairings but whiskey pairings? Apparently, this is considered “outré by many” but as I learned one late Saturday morning, whiskey not only serves as a pretty effective hair of the dog, but it goes really well with waffles. I’m talking the freshly made, thick, crispy, golden kind that is ready to be topped with piles of toppings like maple syrup, peanut butter, chocolate, whipped cream, and fruit. If you’re not groggy from food coma after this, you’ll ease into your lazy Saturday by sipping on Old Fashioneds. It gets your creative juices flowing before you start getting crafty.
- Japanese Restaurant and Ballroom to Open at Former OUTPUT Location
- Cato’s Teams Up with Fjällräven to Bring Sweden to Greenpoint (Sat, Oct 19)
- Domino Park Fall Fest, Bad Theater, Bernie’s Back Rally, The Art of Welding — What’s Happening, Greenpoint? (10/16-10/23)
- NYC’s Biggest Horror Film Festival Comes to Film Noir Cinema (10/24 -10/31)
- Mothership’s Season Finale of Outdoor Arts Gatherings Is Tonight (10/15)