It’s hard to attract people over to West Street. For one, it feels as if you’re in an active construction site—and on many of the blocks, you are. Second, you’re so far out of the heart of Greenpoint, in such desolation, it feels like a whole different neighborhood, or like how the neighborhood once was. Anyone who’s walked through this hushed territory at night has come upon the corner of West and Green and heard the mysterious revelry happening behind the screen door for Achilles Heel (180 West St). Continue reading
- Fashion Sundae Episode 20
- Greenpoint This Week: Market Mania, EPA Newtown Creek Plan, 2005 Rezoning and Displacement, and More!
- Weekend Must-Do’s: Greenpointers Nutcracker Holiday Market, Gold Dust, Oddities Flea, STREB Slam + MORE!!
- High Flying STREB Production “Action Heroes: Sooner, Higher, Faster, Harder!” Runs Through 12-15
- EPA Proposes Newtown Creek Tunnel to Divert 61 Percent of Annual Wastewater Overflow