The Hum, in its 5th year, is a magical project put together by Rachael Pazdan. Pazdan, music director at the Le Possion Rouge, unites female artists who have never worked together to create new music for an all-female performance series for five nights. In past years it was held at Manhattan Inn (RIP), but this year Good Room (98 Meserole Ave) is hosting all the events except one which will be held at Le Poisson Rouge. This past Monday’s session was serene, synth-ful and sinful, and full of dance-like beauty. Each group was seamless and fluid in their collaboration, making it appear that they must have worked together before. These groups that played involved several powerhouses, including Kissey as well as Sadie Dupuis (Speedy Ortiz). Continue reading
- William Sheridan Playground Will Have its First Community Meeting Tonight (12/12)
- Join our News Editor for Trivia This Wednesday (12/13) at Archestratus
- It’s Getting Hot In Here: Giant Fireball in Greenpoint Tonight!
- “Buoy Bingo” or “How I Learned to Donate to Charity Without Even Trying”
- History of Greenpoint’s Polish and Slavic Federal Credit Union