The Hum, in its 5th year, is a magical project put together by Rachael Pazdan. Pazdan, music director at the Le Possion Rouge, unites female artists who have never worked together to create new music for an all-female performance series for five nights. In past years it was held at Manhattan Inn (RIP), but this year Good Room (98 Meserole Ave) is hosting all the events except one which will be held at Le Poisson Rouge. This past Monday’s session was serene, synth-ful and sinful, and full of dance-like beauty. Each group was seamless and fluid in their collaboration, making it appear that they must have worked together before. These groups that played involved several powerhouses, including Kissey as well as Sadie Dupuis (Speedy Ortiz). Continue reading
- Where do you Ramen in Greenpoint?
- Shake off the Monday Blues at The Williamsburg Hotel’s MNDFL Meditation
- At Triskelion, A Feminist Dance Piece by Denisa Musilova
- Get Elevated to a New Universe with DJ The Josh Craig at Our Spring Market (4/22)
- Greenpoint’s Tiniest Building Will House a New Mexican Restaurant