Why a group show? Just Friends at Greenpoint’s M. Carter space (141 Engert Ave) is a mix of small works by fifteen artists showing the shape-shifting looseness of group shows at a time when the white cube no longer distinguishes from the bricolage of the street. A poster on the window lists all of the brain storming suggestions for titles before circling the final name at the bottom – an invitation to enter the gallery before the actual art inside demonstrates the real interaction of variety more than a statement ever can. Continue reading
- Man Stabbed to Death on J Train in Williamsburg
- Gimme! Coffee Permanently Closes Williamsburg Shop
- Children’s Sing Along Connects Socially Distant Greenpoint Neighbors
- Dog Parks Are Now Closed in Greenpoint and Throughout NYC
- Greenpoint This Week: Williamsburg Rent Waived, ‘Essential’ Construction Map Revealed, Beloved Shop Owners Pass Away, and More!