Why a group show? Just Friends at Greenpoint’s M. Carter space (141 Engert Ave) is a mix of small works by fifteen artists showing the shape-shifting looseness of group shows at a time when the white cube no longer distinguishes from the bricolage of the street. A poster on the window lists all of the brain storming suggestions for titles before circling the final name at the bottom – an invitation to enter the gallery before the actual art inside demonstrates the real interaction of variety more than a statement ever can. Continue reading
- Nicky’s Unisex, a New Neighborhood Bar, Opens in Williamsburg
- Protestors Lay Flowers at Doorstep of the 94th Precinct
- Greenpoint This Week: Goodbye Jimmy’s, Hello Tropical Storm, Farewell Absentee Ballots, and More!
- Beloved Neighborhood Restaurant Jimmy’s Diner Closes After 13 Years
- See Which Businesses in North Brooklyn Received COVID Relief Money