Despite their New-York-centric pun of a name, rock duo Jamaican Queens actually hail from Detroit. And on the very night their hometown filed for bankruptcy, the band’s equipment seemed destined for similar failure: time stretched on as they pleaded with the crowd for patience, a drum machine too high, vocals too low. But finally, when everything was in place, frontman Ryan Spencer electrified the crowd with his commanding vocals and an extensive musical arsenal behind him— what could best be described as an electronic-hip-hop-rock fusion— producing catchy, dance-ready glam-pop hits. Continue reading
- Slashing In McGolrick, L-Pocalypse & Paulie Gee’s Server Injured — The Hook-Up 5/26
- Greenpoint’s Other Canadian Restaurant, Chez Ma Tante
- GOS 2017: Unusual Art Spaces!
- Keep Spring Alive: Oak 2017 Arrivals
- Bad History Month, Com Truise, Summer Thunder, Punk Rock Yoga — What’s Happening, Greenpoint? (5/24–5/30)