I first met Marina Aris two years ago when she invited me to take part in Indie Writers Day at the Greenpoint Library. Marina immediately impressed me not only with her in-depth knowledge about independent publishing, but more with her warmth and amazing enthusiasm about independent publishing. Her eagerness to help others realize their vision of successfully self-publishing their stories stood out. I participated again this year at Indie Day and saw that Marina was making major steps to create a Greenpoint writers center. Interested in writing? Then Marina’s story of how she created the Brooklyn Writers Project should interest you. Continue reading
- GosT Comes to Knitting Factory on February 12
- Greenpoint This Week: North Brooklyn Pipeline Debate, New Indoor Skate Park, City Sewage Plan, and More!
- Help Form The North Brooklyn Parks Alliance Community Committee (1/29)
- Sewage Overflow Public Meeting to Present City’s Proposed Plans (1/29)
- Greenpoint’s Brooklyn Standard Closes Temporarily Due to Basement Flood