When The Meat Hook left the back of The Brooklyn Kitchen earlier this year, the owners, Harry Rosenblum and Taylor Erkkinen, decided on a little redesign to fill up the vacated space. They moved a few shelves around, installed a new butcher counter and along with it, a custom-made fish counter. As long-term area residents—The Brooklyn Kitchen itself developed out of a lack of kitchen supply stores in Greenpoint/Williamsburg—they remember the days of illicit sidewalk fishmongers and know that, besides Greenpoint Fish & Lobster, there are now no places to get local, sustainable fish while also supporting a local business. Now, The Brooklyn Kitchen thoroughly succeeds in its goal of being a one-stop-shop for all your kitchen needs. Continue reading
- Debate Watch Party, 35s & 45s, FIDOqrtet, Land Use & Public Space — What’s Happening, Greenpoint? (11/20-11/26)
- Fashion Sundae Episode 17
- Greenpoint This Week: Hummer Crash, Graffiti Rash, Bazaar Liquidation, and More!
- Hateful, Pro Trump Graffiti Returns to Greenpoint Streets
- Brooklyn Bazaar Announces Liquidation Sale Ahead of Final Two Weeks