Over a year and a half ago, Greenpoint resident Shane Gill began feeding a colony of feral cats on Eckford Street. The Cats had congregated at a construction site there, which lay dormant due to a stop work order. Now, construction is set to begin again, and the cats’ displacement is eminent. Gill reached out to the Greenpoint community for advice about how to help relocate his feline fellows, and Greenpoint residents responded with overwhelming support for our neighborhood cats. Continue reading
- Census Day 2020: It’s Time to Help Brooklyn Get Counted
- Vinnie’s Pizzeria Delivers Free Pies to Essential Workers
- Williamsburg Landlord Mario Salerno Waives Rent for Hundreds of Tenants Due to Coronavirus
- Greenpoint’s Construction Sites Are Still Bustling
- Greenpoint This Week: Restaurant Worker Relief Center Opens, Condo Construction Halts, Supermarkets Adjust to Social Distancing, and More!