The fight for Bushwck Inlet Park has made one of our community issues very clear: Greenpoint & Williamsburg get the short end of the stick when it comes to green space. We simply don’t have enough of it. This trickles into another issue: we also don’t have many community gardens or places that aren’t packed on the weekend where we can put our fingers in the dirt. In Greenpoint, we’re limited to the 61 Franklin Street Community Garden and the Java Street Community Garden. This lack of uncrowded green space where we can relax with neighbors, help plant a few things, and enjoy a nice evening sunset is what makes The Farm on Kent one of our hidden little gems. And tomorrow, they’ll be celebrating this glorious summer by becoming a sunset beer garden! Continue reading
- Greenpoint Original Pizza Opening at Former Carmine’s Original Pizza This Saturday
- Capital One Closing Greenpoint Savings Bank Branch in May
- Fashion Sundae Episode 31
- Greenpoint This Week: Greenpoint Beer & Ale Co. Reopens, Kickstarter Unionizes, North Brooklyn Pipeline Protest Grows, and More!
- Line & Label Launches New Jewelry Line! Launch Party Tonight (2/21)