♫ Adult Purim Bash @ The Williamsburg Hotel (96 Wythe Ave), 6:30pm, $18, Megillah reading – Open bar – Hors d’oeuvres – Photo booth – Live music, Buy tix ♦ Film Screening Benefit: She’s Gotta Have It @ Dobbin St (64 Dobbin St), 7pm, $20, Dobbin St will be transformed into a luxury movie lounge with popcorn, chips, candy, ice cream sandwiches, cake pops, & chocolate mousse; cash bar & giveaways, Buy tix * Trivia Night @ Archestratus Books + Food (160 Huron St), 8pm, FREE, Expect categories to be various, beer innumerable, arancine aplenty, RSVP ♦ Waiting for Guffman @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave), 8pm, FREE, Screening takes place in our Main Ballroom! Seating is first come first served, More info ☺ New Greta Has Friends @ Vital Joint (109 Meserole St), 9pm, $5, We’re inviting an ALL STAR lineup of standups to inspire our improv set! More info
♫ John Nolan (of Taking Back Sunday, Straylight Run) @ Union Pool (484 Union Ave), 7:30pm, $15, Buy tix ♫ Diet Cig, Great Grandpa, The Spook School @ Elsewhere (599 Johnson Ave), 8pm, $17, Buy tix ♫ The Undercover Dream Lovers, Future Generations, Wilder Maker @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave), 8pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ Minimal Disco w/ Connie & Mira Fahrenheit @ Rose Gold (96 Morgan Ave), 10pm, FREE, New York DJs Connie Yin and Mira Fahrenheit come together once a month to get weird and play top-quality tunes, from Minimal to Disco… anything goes! More info Continue reading →
Start the new year off right by giving you a 20% discount on drinking unlimited craft brew and celebrating the best the borough has to offer at the Best of Brooklyn Food and Beer Festival at Industry City this Saturday, January 27th!
Tickets normally start at just $39.00 per session for unlimited beer tastings, but readers who enter discount code “GREENPOINTERS” on the ticket selection page will save 20% on admission. [sponsored]
♫ Happy Hour w/ Shapank (Birthday Set) @ Terra Firma (119 Ingraham St), 6pm, FREE, More info * Dyeing with Nature @ Better Than Jam’s (20 Grattan St), 6:30pm, $65, Learn to properly prep your fabrics, use natural materials to get lasting colors, and how to use modifiers to change shades or fix your work, Buy tix ♫ Belle Game, Rodes Rollins, Noy Markel @ Zone One at Elsewhere (599 Johnson Ave), 8pm, $12, Buy tix ♫ Radio Wonderland, D-Andra, Elle Pierre, Dark Alley Echoes RTFM @ Secret Project Robot (1186 Broadway), 8pm, FREE, More info
# Burns Night @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $30, Enjoy bagpipes, haggis (vegetarian included) and other Scottish delicacies, a guided Scottish whisky tasting courtesy of Johnnie Walker, and Robert Burns poetry recitations, Buy tix * Spirit Book Club: Braiding Sweetgrass @ Root Mamma (236 Richardson St), 7:30pm, $10, Focus: The awakening of a wider ecological consciousness requires the acknowledgement and celebration of our reciprocal relationship with the world, RSVP ♫ The Sharp Shadows / Kangaroo / Glass Tactics / New Restaurants @ Gutter Bar (200 N 14th St), 8pm, $7, More info ♫ Roxiny, On High, Weak Signal @ Union Pool (484 Union Ave), 8pm, FREE, More infoContinue reading →
* Plant Magik 101: The Seeds @ Catland (987 Flushing Ave), 7pm, $20, We will explore all of the fertile magik of the seed and the historic, traditional and folk usages of plant magik and it’s component parts, Buy tix ♫ ZZZWalk • New Rose • Brendan Sullivan @ Union Pool (484 Union Ave), 8pm, $8, More info ☺ Mid Riff 13 @ The Twenty (177 Grand St), 8:30pm, FREE, Featuring the crazy hot comedians: Samantha Ruddy, Diego Lopez, Jessica Watkins, Julia Shiplett, Lizzie Martinez and Sean Patton, More info ☺ Funhouse Comedy @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer St), 10pm, FREE, The lineup is hot to offset this true winter bs, More info
♫ Nerveshatter / Prostitution / Blackest / Wreath of Tongues @ El Cortez (17 Ingraham St), 7pm, $10, Buy tix * Guided Meditation + Affirmations w/Linzi Silverman + It’s Not Personal @ New Women Space (188 Woodpoint Rd), 7:30pm, $15, We’ll write love letters to ourselves, develop morning affirmations and finish with a self-love mantra you can take with you in your pocket, Buy tix ♫ Mike Donovan and Purling Hiss with Justin Frye @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St), 8pm, FREE, More info ♦ Blocked & Reported @ The Woods (48 S 4th St), 9pm, FREE, Meme themed art show/party featuring all your favorite internet outcasts lmao, More info ♫ Pond @ Warsaw (261 Driggs Ave), 9pm, $25, Buy tixContinue reading →
♫ Christmas Hymn Sing @ St. John’s Luthern Church (155 Milton St), 7pm, FREE, Everyone is invited to come sing our favorite Christmas hymns. All levels of ability are welcome, More info ♫ A Night of Poems and Songs @ Wayward Social (35 Ingraham St), 7:30pm, FREE, 40-minute sets of musical performance, followed by a 15-minutes set of poetry, and a short intermission before we begin again, More info ☺ RoFl8 Comedy Night @ Our Wicked Lady (153 Morgan Ave), 8pm, FREE, More info ♫ Hard Pass, Freezing Cold, Faith/Void, Chubbybunny @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St), 8pm, $8, More info ♫ House of Vogue @ House of YES (2 Wyckoff Ave), 11pm, $10, MikeQ and his Qween Beat collective always bring the heat. Categories: Naughty (Runway), Nice (Performance), and a Surprise Category, Buy tix
* Winter Solstice Silent Yoga @ McCarren Play Center (776 Lorimer St), 7pm, FREE, This wonderful class will begin with an open meditation then move into a long vinyasa. Class will use “Sound Off” wireless glowing headphones, RSVP * Winter Solstice Restorative Yoga with Live Sitar @ Sacred Arts Research Foundation (107 Green St), 7pm, $20, A restorative yoga practice during the New Moon and Vata phase of the lunar cycle is best for balancing an overworked mind, hormones, emotions and energy, RSVP ♫ Teenagers in Love: An All-Vinyl Night of Doowop and Early Soul @ Troost (1011 Manhattan Ave), 9pm, FREE, Grab your sweetheart to keep you warm and head over for a special 45RPM-only set of doo-wop tunes and early soul, rock, and pop music, spun by your friend, Christian Storm, More info ♫ Clocking In | Billy Kenny @ The Panther Room (74 Wythe Ave), 10pm, $15, Buy tix ♫ Low Key ft. Machine Girl, Neybuu, Hunni’d Jaws + Low Key DJz @ El Cortez (17 Ingraham St), 11pm, FREE, More info Continue reading →
# Wobble Before You Gobble @ Le Fond (105 Norman Ave) Thanksgiving Eve cocktail party! Cut loose a lil’ before heading out of town. $6 aperitif specials, including house recipe Kir Royale and warm mulled wine, More info ♫ Thanksgiving Fest Trivia Night @ The Well (272 Meserole St), 8pm, FREE, Live music the whole night, trivia is free to play, and we are giving out amazing prizes to the top teams, More info ♫ Modern English w/ The Veldt @ Rough Trade (64 N 9th St), 8pm, $20, Buy tix ♫ Tiki Disco: Thanksgiving Eve | Lloydski/ Andy Pry/ Eli Escobar @ Output (74 Wythe Ave), 10pm, $20, Buy tix ♫ Nicky Siano’s Native New Yorker – Thanksgiving Eve & Love Tempo @ Good Room (98 Meserole Ave), 10pm, $15, Feel The Magic on the Dance floor while the Master of Disco Soul takes you on a Journey to the beginnings of NYC Nightlife Culture, Buy tix ♫ MORE LIFE: Drake Night @ Baby’s All Right (146 Broadway), 11pm, $10, Buy tix
* TENT Ministries’ Annual Thanksgiving @ Maria Hernandez Park (92 Irving Pl), 10am, FREE, Free hot food, delicious desserts, uplifting music, free sneakers, coats, frozen turkeys, and other giveaways, and most importantly, there will be prayer and fellowship, More info ♦ ‘Clue’ on a Loop with Brandy and Board Games! @ Videology (308 Bedford Ave), 4pm, FREE-ish, Happy Thanksgiving, monsieurs and mademoiselles. You’re cordially invited to a day full of mystery, board games, brandy, pumpkin pie, and MURDER (as the Thanksgiving tradition goes), More info ♫ A Night of Thanks @ Cape House (2 Knickerbocker Ave), 8pm, FREE, A night of friends, celebration, music and live art. Let’s turn a tragic holiday into a celebration of friendship and recognition of camaraderie, More info Continue reading →
Join EcoHealth Alliance’s Young Professionals Council at the Brooklyn Brewery (79 North 11th St) on Thursday, Oct. 19th starting at 7:30pm for a deep dive into how diseases are spread and a demonstration of the latest in technology used to stop diseases in their tracks.
Brooklyn Oktoberfest comes to The Greenpoint Terminal Warehouse (67 West St) this weekend (10/20-10/22) with an authentic Munich festival tent, complete with Bavarian blue & white decorations, live music, German dancers, ceremonial keg tapping, sausages, roast port, pretzels, and rare limited edition German beer! Greenpointers get $10 off tix! Buy yours here with discount code “Greenpoint”.
* Trauma & Tension Release for Inner Peace @ Narayana Yoga Project (191 Nassau Ave), 6:30pm, $45, This workshop will teach you a fascinating approach to trauma, our bodies and our emotions. You will receive take-home tools and practical information from Yoga Therapy and other forms of trauma releasing work, Buy tix # Istanbul and Beyond with Robyn Eckhardt @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $25, Istanbul & Beyond documents regional cuisines and life in the villages, cities, farms, and high pastures of the lesser-known provinces throughout Turkey, Buy tix * Lunation Kundalini Shakti Transmission New Moon In Libra @ Golden Drum (97 Green St), 7:30pm, $25, This New Moon is the perfect energy as the double air energy creates more space for our creativity to flow into the Earth Realm, Buy tix ♫ Chorizo Slim and The Boogie Blues Band @ TROOST (1011 Manhattan Ave), 8pm, FREE, Chorizo Slim returns to team up with Stan Zenkoff, Charles Bennet, and Daniel Goldshtein to play their own style of 40’s/50’s Rhythm & Blues and Boogie Woogie, More info
* Energizing and Focusing Morning Qi Gong @ Root Mamma (236 Richardson St), 8am, $10, This morning class will focus on Qi massage and movement practices aimed at waking up your body and balancing your mind. No experience necessary, More info * New Moon Sound Bath with Reiki Healing @ Magick City (37 Box St), 6:30pm, $44, During this Sound Bath Meditation we will help you to harmonize your dreams with your mind, body and spirit by taking you deeper into your own intuitive guidance, Buy tix ♦ Karrabing Film Collective’s Night Time Go + Inaat/se/ @ Union Docs (322 Union Ave), 7:30pm, $10, We are lucky to have the Karrabing Collective in town for a night of documentary that blends the nuanced, overt, and specific ways the colonialized have and continue to resist, Buy tix ♫ Aerial Ruin, Blacksage, Nighttime @ Bar Matchless (557 Manhattan Ave), 8pm, $10, Aerial Ruin, based in Portland, Oregon is the primarily acoustic solo project of Erik Moggridge whose “richly evocative dark folk style makes for a head-in-hand listening experience, Buy tix ♫ Zula (EP Release), Combo Chimbita, Erica Eso, Frank Hurricaine @ The Park Church Co-op (129 Russell St), 8pm, $10, Buy tix Continue reading →