♫ Def.GRLS Merisi (Mpls MN) Substitute Vat Of Acid @ Diviera Drive (131 Berry St.), 9pm, $7, More Info ♫ Open Decks – Session 45 @ Tilt BK (248 McKibbin St.), 9pm, FREE, open genre, open format, More Info ♦ The House That Jack Built @ Syndicated (40 Bogart St.), 9:45pm, $7, New horror comedy starring Matt Dillon, now through Sunday, Buy Tix ♫ Escapism @ Jupiter Disco (1237 Flushing Ave), 10pm, FREE, More Info
* Incense, Burnables, & Ritual Smoke Blends @ Catland (987 Flushing Ave.), 7pm, $15, an in-depth look at incense & smoke blends in witchcraft, Buy Tix ♫ Tiny Moon / New Restaurants / Pocket Protector/ An English Place @ Gutter Bar (200 North 15 St.) 8pm, $7, Buy Tix ♫ Doyle (of the Misfits) @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave.), 9pm, $17.50-$66, Buy Tix ♫ Paisano & Friends w/ Willie Graff @ TBA Brooklyn (395 Wythe Ave.), 10pm, FREE, More InfoContinue reading →
♫ CELEBRATE YOUR CITY: HOLIDAY PARTY + COHORT 05 LAUNCH @ Urban X (29 Norman Ave.), 6pm, FREE, drinks, hors d’oeuvre’s, dancing and surprises! RSVP ♦ Girls on Film + Mavi Phillips present: Dangerous Flowers @ Wythe Hotel (80 Wythe Ave), 7pm, $19.50, An evening of self-empowered sexuality through short films, art, panel discussion + speakers, Buy Tix # Unearthed: Dinner and Performance @ Archestratus (160 Huron St.), 7:30pm, $75, Price includes a 5-course dinner, cocktails, wine, and after dinner drinks, Buy Tix ♫ Hot Mess: Hanukkah + Drag Competition @ House of Yes (2 Wyckoff Ave.), 10pm, $10-20, Buy Tix
* Rebels for a Reason Launch Party @ Diviera Drive (131 Berry St.), 7:30pm, FREE, local clothing, jewelry and art, More Info ♫ The Lot Radio presents: Daniel Aged // Debit // Tak @ San Damiano Mission (85 North 15th St.) 8pm, $15, Buy Tix ♫ Marissa Nadler w/ Johanna Warren @ Rough Trade (64 N. 9th St.) , 9pm, $15, Buy Tix ♫ Rompe Cabeza with Uproot Andy All Night @ Black Flamingo (168 Borinquen Pl), 10pm, FREE, More InfoContinue reading →
* 61 Franklin St Garden Fundraiser @The Diamond (43 Franklin St.), 6:30pm, $15-20, entry door gets you a free drink and the opportunity to give back to this sweet space. Expect an auction with awesome prizes. Buy Tix ♫ The Order of Elijah, Upon A Broken Throne, Fuck Your Birthday @ Tender Trap (66 Greenpoint Ave.), 7:30pm, $8-10, Buy Tix ♫ Defeated Sanity, Behold…The Arctopus, Scaphism, Aeviterne @ St. Vitus (1120 Manhattan Ave.), 7:30pm, $15, Buy Tix * Trivia Night Birthday Bash!! @ Archestratus (160 Huron St.), 8:00pm, FREE, Join our News Editor on her birthday for a very special Trivia Night!!! Once we’re done with the Q’s we’ll hang out for a party! RSVP
♫♦ Live Classical Bushwick Bash: Massivemuse Movie Night! @ Mayday Space (175 St. Nicholas Avenue), 7pm, $25, Silent Movie, Live Score, Free Beer, Buy Tix ♦ Time Let Me Play: Paul Rekret @ UnionDocs (322 Union Ave.), 7:30pm, $10, Buy Tix ♫ VINYL Launch Party @ Molasses Books (770 Hart Street), 8pm, FREE, More Info ☺ Mrs. Doubtfire Entirely From Memory @ Videology (308 Bedford Ave.), 9pm, $10, Buy Tix Continue reading →
Shared Living, Better Living @ADO (29 Norman Ave), 6:30pm, FREE, A lively panel discussion about the challenges and opportunities presented by shared living, More Info ♦ Paint Nite @ Sick Willie (174 Meserole Ave), 7pm, $65, Our Social Painting Instructor guides you step-by-step through the featured painting in about two hours. Buy Tix ^ Okoyomon / Hamilton / Hodson @Spoonbill Series (99 Montrose Ave), 7pm, FREE, A reading curated by Coco Fitterman, More info * TRIVIA NIGHT @ Archestratus (160 Huron St.), 8pm, FREE, Trivia with our news editor! Expect categories to be various, beer innumerable, arancine aplenty, RSVP
# Passover Seder Potluck @The Park Church Co-op (129 Russell St), 6pm, FREE, More Info. Blending Herbal Smokes @Catland (987 Flushing Ave), 7pm, $20,In this workshop we will discuss the various herbs which are safe to be burnt and inhaled to manifest our highest intentions, Buy Tix ☺ New Comedy Project With Greenport Harbor Brewing @ The New Work Project (97 North 10th St), 7:30 pm, $10, Comedians you’ve seen on Comedy Central, Conan, MTV & more join us at The New Work Project for a night of comedy and free refreshments provided by Greenport Harbor Brewing, Buy tix ♫ The Rocket Queens (GNR Tribute), Wildstreet, FerreTT @ St. Vitus (1120 Manhattan Avenue), 7:30pm, $8-12, Buy tix ♦ Gentrification Express Screening @Sunview Luncheonette (221 Nassau Ave), 7:30pm, FREE,”Gentrification Express: Breaking Down the BQX” and other short films, More Info
Flip Cupid the bird and celebrate singledom at the skint’s Third Annual “It’s Friday, I’m (Not) in Love” Anti-Valentine’s Party on Friday, February 9th at littlefield (635 Sackett St).
Hug yourself and sway as the aptly-named DJ Gordon Gloom (Feeling Gloomy, YDH2S) spins songs of heartache and desire from the 80s to today. Purge your emotional baggage with our cleansing anti-love ritual. Use our photo booth to show the world (and your exes) how much better you’re doing on your own. Lubricate yourself with themed drink specials.
Dress in black. All black. Only black. Creativity will be rewarded. $7 in advance, $10 at the door. Buy tix[sponsored]
^ Author Talk: Thomas Werner “The Fashion Image” @ A/D/O (29 Norman Ave), 6:30pm, FREE, Acclaimed curator, former owner of Thomas Werner Gallery, Photography Program Director at Parsons School of Design, and Editor-at-Large of Paris-based IRK magazine, Werner shares his insight into the fashion design process, More info ♫ The Warhawks // The Nuclears // Not Amused // Edna @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St), 7:30pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ Dervisi @ Troost (1011 Manhattan Ave), 8pm, FREE, Bittersweet melodies of passion and hashish from the old-time Greek Rembetika underworld, More info ☺ Limited Resources 14 @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St), 9pm, $6, Featuring Guillermo Pizarro (Philly), Richard Kamerman, Sandy Ewen, & Chris LiButti, More info
# Scandinavian Spirits @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $30, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Iceland share a spirited history of drinking traditions—most notably around aquavit. Learn about the world of Scandinavian spirits and the traditions that have grown up around them, Buy tix ♫ Girlpool @ Brooklyn Steel (319 Frost St), 8pm, $18, Buy tix # Same Same But Different @ Magick City (37 Box St), 7pm, $40, We are collaborating on a Cambo-Chino mashup of scents, flavors, and traditions to celebrate two distinct cultures that share the same passion for family, fun, and good food. (And pickled things.), Buy tix ♫ Whitney Fierce x Elle Dee @ Rose Gold (96 Morgan Ave), 10pm, FREE/$10, More infoContinue reading →
Start the new year off right by giving you a 20% discount on drinking unlimited craft brew and celebrating the best the borough has to offer at the Best of Brooklyn Food and Beer Festival at Industry City this Saturday, January 27th!
Tickets normally start at just $39.00 per session for unlimited beer tastings, but readers who enter discount code “GREENPOINTERS” on the ticket selection page will save 20% on admission. [sponsored]
♫ Happy Hour w/ Shapank (Birthday Set) @ Terra Firma (119 Ingraham St), 6pm, FREE, More info * Dyeing with Nature @ Better Than Jam’s (20 Grattan St), 6:30pm, $65, Learn to properly prep your fabrics, use natural materials to get lasting colors, and how to use modifiers to change shades or fix your work, Buy tix ♫ Belle Game, Rodes Rollins, Noy Markel @ Zone One at Elsewhere (599 Johnson Ave), 8pm, $12, Buy tix ♫ Radio Wonderland, D-Andra, Elle Pierre, Dark Alley Echoes RTFM @ Secret Project Robot (1186 Broadway), 8pm, FREE, More info
# Burns Night @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $30, Enjoy bagpipes, haggis (vegetarian included) and other Scottish delicacies, a guided Scottish whisky tasting courtesy of Johnnie Walker, and Robert Burns poetry recitations, Buy tix * Spirit Book Club: Braiding Sweetgrass @ Root Mamma (236 Richardson St), 7:30pm, $10, Focus: The awakening of a wider ecological consciousness requires the acknowledgement and celebration of our reciprocal relationship with the world, RSVP ♫ The Sharp Shadows / Kangaroo / Glass Tactics / New Restaurants @ Gutter Bar (200 N 14th St), 8pm, $7, More info ♫ Roxiny, On High, Weak Signal @ Union Pool (484 Union Ave), 8pm, FREE, More infoContinue reading →
♫ Christmas Hymn Sing @ St. John’s Luthern Church (155 Milton St), 7pm, FREE, Everyone is invited to come sing our favorite Christmas hymns. All levels of ability are welcome, More info ♫ A Night of Poems and Songs @ Wayward Social (35 Ingraham St), 7:30pm, FREE, 40-minute sets of musical performance, followed by a 15-minutes set of poetry, and a short intermission before we begin again, More info ☺ RoFl8 Comedy Night @ Our Wicked Lady (153 Morgan Ave), 8pm, FREE, More info ♫ Hard Pass, Freezing Cold, Faith/Void, Chubbybunny @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St), 8pm, $8, More info ♫ House of Vogue @ House of YES (2 Wyckoff Ave), 11pm, $10, MikeQ and his Qween Beat collective always bring the heat. Categories: Naughty (Runway), Nice (Performance), and a Surprise Category, Buy tix
* Winter Solstice Silent Yoga @ McCarren Play Center (776 Lorimer St), 7pm, FREE, This wonderful class will begin with an open meditation then move into a long vinyasa. Class will use “Sound Off” wireless glowing headphones, RSVP * Winter Solstice Restorative Yoga with Live Sitar @ Sacred Arts Research Foundation (107 Green St), 7pm, $20, A restorative yoga practice during the New Moon and Vata phase of the lunar cycle is best for balancing an overworked mind, hormones, emotions and energy, RSVP ♫ Teenagers in Love: An All-Vinyl Night of Doowop and Early Soul @ Troost (1011 Manhattan Ave), 9pm, FREE, Grab your sweetheart to keep you warm and head over for a special 45RPM-only set of doo-wop tunes and early soul, rock, and pop music, spun by your friend, Christian Storm, More info ♫ Clocking In | Billy Kenny @ The Panther Room (74 Wythe Ave), 10pm, $15, Buy tix ♫ Low Key ft. Machine Girl, Neybuu, Hunni’d Jaws + Low Key DJz @ El Cortez (17 Ingraham St), 11pm, FREE, More info Continue reading →
* Witchcraft 101: Saintcraft @ Catland (987 Flushing Ave), 7:30pm, $20, Explore the age-old use of Catholic Saints and iconology within folk magic traditions throughout the world, Buy tix ♫ The Hold Steady @ Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe Ave), 8pm, $40, Buy tix ♫ Susie Ibarra (Album Release) w/ DreamTime Ensemble @ Park Church Co-op (129 Russell St), 8pm, $15, The pieces for this album were inspired by the idea of perception and sensory experiences. Perception allows the ability to take in sensory information, make it into something meaningful and to interact with our environment, Buy tix
♦ Brickman Brothers Art Galla @ Terra Firma (119 Ingraham St), 6pm, FREE, The Brickman Brothers have decided to join forces to bring to you a night of our art. Accompanying the art will be amazing music spun on vinyl by Rich Chwastiak, More info # Vegan Night @ Archestratus Books + Food (160 Huron St), 7pm, $20 or less, An evening of Sicilian, family-style food inspired by Nonna, RSVP * How To Love Yourself: Raw & Real w/ Kaela May @ Root Mamma (236 Richardson St), 7:30pm, $22, Discuss how we can actively release and shed the inner conflict & battle while shifting into ease & acceptance, RSVP ♫ Babylawns, Travis Alexander, Dodgeball, hammydown @ Gutter Bar (200 N 14th St), 9pm, FREE, More info ☺ Ya’ll Ready for This @ Legion Bar (790 Metropolitan Ave), 9:30pm, FREE, C’mon and slam!, More info Continue reading →
♫ Sic Tic // Ben Pagano (Single Release) // Pinc Louds // Egg Peckers (Mike Campbell) @ Secret Project Robot (1186 Broadway), 7pm, $8, An eclectic night of music, art and performance, More info # Sumo Stew @ Brooklyn Brewery (79 N 11th St), 8pm, $55, Plentiful bowls of chankonabe, paired with the live streamed bimonthly grand tournaments, makes for a lively event, bringing hungry first time and long-standing sumo fans ringside, Buy tix * Trivia Night @ Archestratus Books + Food (160 Huron St), 8pm, FREE, There will be three rounds + a lightning round, but only one epic trophy. Win Beer! Win Food! Study up Renaissance man style! Surprise theme: Russia, RSVP ♫ Animal Collective (DJ set), Ben Steidel + Journey 2 The Light @ Good Room (98 Meserole Ave), 9pm, $7, Animal Collective combines a love of sonic free form electronic horror gospel hip-hop soul pop madness, Buy tix
♫ The Planes/The Sharp Shadows/The Regrets/Shelter Dogs @ Cape House (2 Knickerbocker Ave), 7pm, FREE, More info ♫ Rhyton & Mike Wexler @ Magick City (37 Box St), 7pm, $5, The Brooklyn singer-songwriter Mike Wexler pairs his musical folk exploration with psychedelia, Buy tix ♫ Haux w/ Strings, Gracie and Rachel @ The Park Church Co-op (129 Russell St), 8pm, $12, Gracie and Rachel are a study in duality: light and dark, classical training with a pop sensibility, Californians in New York. Their music pits anxiety and tension against an almost serene self-assurance, Buy tix ♫ Talib Kweli: Radio Silence Album Release Extravaganza @ Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe Ave), 11:30pm, $10, Buy tix Continue reading →