The newest cafe to open up just east of the Nassau G-train is Cafe Pistachio (114 Nassau Ave). Owned and operated by a trio of food lovers trained in catering and culinary arts, this cafe is warm and its staff is inviting. Pistachio’s menu presents Turkish standards including açma (served best with a side of warm feta cheese), kumpirs and house-made yogurt. Though the savory food alone is worth a stop in, Cafe Pistachio also boasts a large assortment of house-made baked goods including sizable Madeleine cookies, chocolate truffles and a sinful Pistachio Dome. This seemingly modest dark chocolate half-sphere holds a rich pistachio mousse and is served on a gold foiled platter. Though Pistachio’s interior is less candlelight dining and more hey, let’s get a coffee, any Greenpoint gal or guy who brings a Dome—or at least suggests one—on a first date is sure to score points. And so does Pistachio for their charm and tasty treats.
- Greenpoint This Week: Greenpoint Beer & Ale Co. Reopens, Kickstarter Unionizes, North Brooklyn Pipeline Protest Grows, and More!
- Line & Label Launches New Jewelry Line! Launch Party Tonight (2/21)
- Missing Greenpoint Woman’s Body Found in Newtown Creek
- Fox & Fawn Reopens on Manhattan Avenue, Dusty Friends Extends Their Stay and Other Local Business Changes
- North Brooklyn Pipeline Protestors Call on Governor and Mayor to Stop Construction