The newest cafe to open up just east of the Nassau G-train is Cafe Pistachio (114 Nassau Ave). Owned and operated by a trio of food lovers trained in catering and culinary arts, this cafe is warm and its staff is inviting. Pistachio’s menu presents Turkish standards including açma (served best with a side of warm feta cheese), kumpirs and house-made yogurt. Though the savory food alone is worth a stop in, Cafe Pistachio also boasts a large assortment of house-made baked goods including sizable Madeleine cookies, chocolate truffles and a sinful Pistachio Dome. This seemingly modest dark chocolate half-sphere holds a rich pistachio mousse and is served on a gold foiled platter. Though Pistachio’s interior is less candlelight dining and more hey, let’s get a coffee, any Greenpoint gal or guy who brings a Dome—or at least suggests one—on a first date is sure to score points. And so does Pistachio for their charm and tasty treats.
- Fashion Sundae Episode 20
- Greenpoint This Week: Market Mania, EPA Newtown Creek Plan, 2005 Rezoning and Displacement, and More!
- Weekend Must-Do’s: Greenpointers Nutcracker Holiday Market, Gold Dust, Oddities Flea, STREB Slam + MORE!!
- High Flying STREB Production “Action Heroes: Sooner, Higher, Faster, Harder!” Runs Through 12-15
- EPA Proposes Newtown Creek Tunnel to Divert 61 Percent of Annual Wastewater Overflow