Greenpoint has produced many fine artists and artisans, but few achieved the renown of Edward Lycett, who is considered “the pioneer of China painting in America.” He worked at a celebrated Greenpoint ceramics firm called The Faience Manufacturing Company, which was located on the corner of Greenpoint and West Street in a building that now houses Red Star. Faience earned acclaim for producing ornamental pieces that created a new standard of excellence in American ceramics.
- Brooklyn Public Library Celebrates Walt Whitmans’ 200th Birthday
- Mel Brooks: Williamsburgs’ Comic Genius
- Against The Grain, Paper Marbling, What The L? — What’s Happening, Greenpoint? (5/22-5/28)
- Ad Hoc Closing Greenpoint Shop at the End of May
- Horti Play Opens Experiential Plant Store in Greenpoint