Greenpoint has produced many fine artists and artisans, but few achieved the renown of Edward Lycett, who is considered “the pioneer of China painting in America.” He worked at a celebrated Greenpoint ceramics firm called The Faience Manufacturing Company, which was located on the corner of Greenpoint and West Street in a building that now houses Red Star. Faience earned acclaim for producing ornamental pieces that created a new standard of excellence in American ceramics.
- ‘Affordable’ One-Bedroom Units Start at $2,320 per Month at 80 Ainslie Street
- Local Love Blooms: Greenpointers Annual Spring Market Returns With Groovy Flower Power! (Sun, April 7)
- Vote for Participatory Budgeting Projects March 30th – April 7th
- Woman Randomly Assaulted at Pulaski Bridge by Man With Wooden Cane in Greenpoint
- Memories of a 90s Childhood in Williamsburg Recalled in Group Photo Exhibit