Visions opened on Friday, June 27 at The Picture Show in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. “We were looking for myths, dreams, and hallucinations,” said Megan Clement, and ultimately, the selected “films…were dreamlike, or expressed aspects of the unconscious in an abstract way.” Peruvian artist Mariana Tschudi, who did extensive research on medicinal plants, such as Ayahuasca (also commonly called yagé), and their phenomenological effects debuted her most recent work, “Transcending Our Shadows.” Continue reading
- Dangerous Donuts, Mercedes by the Minute, and Greenpoint’s Beef with Friendly Reminder Emails — The Hook-up (10/20)
- North Brooklyn’s Best Post-Workout Fuel Spots
- Leonard Library Book Sale & Bake Sale This Saturday (10/21)!
- New Latin Wave Festival This Sunday at Brooklyn Bazaar! (10/22)
- McCarren Halloween Dog Costume Contest Next Saturday! (10/28)