Visions opened on Friday, June 27 at The Picture Show in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. “We were looking for myths, dreams, and hallucinations,” said Megan Clement, and ultimately, the selected “films…were dreamlike, or expressed aspects of the unconscious in an abstract way.” Peruvian artist Mariana Tschudi, who did extensive research on medicinal plants, such as Ayahuasca (also commonly called yagé), and their phenomenological effects debuted her most recent work, “Transcending Our Shadows.” Continue reading
- One Last SummerScreen, Burmese Food, Motorcycles, Brooklyn Mile— What’s Happening, Greenpoint? (8/16–8/22)
- Nightmares Are Real: Juggalo Invasion Happening In Williamsburg
- Ghostbusters Tonight @ McGolrick Park!
- Climate Change, Architecture and Design Take Center Stage at A/D/O
- Chef Sheldon Simeon Celebrates Hawaii at MOFAD