When Franklin Street first started to become a shopping destination, one of the first people I met there was Jade Elzien, who was then working at one of Greenpoint’s earliest boutiques, Dalaga. Her upbeat attitude, warmth and genuine personality helped me feel comfortable and excited for what the neighborhood had in store. So it was very exciting to find out that she was opening her OWN boutique, Violet Pepper (688 Manhattan Ave.) last summer.
To celebrate the shop’s first year, Violet Pepper‘s hosting a big celebration with sales Friday July 25-Sunday 27th. Everything will be 20% off and sale items an extra 20% off. On Saturday the 26th there will be an added bonus of Brooklyn Brewery beers!
A little more about Jade and her journey from friendly Greenpoint neighbor to independent Greenpoint business owner after the jump! Continue reading →
On Friday October 18th, 2013 from 8pm-midnight, [email protected] (31 Nassau Ave) proudly presents The MAD HATTER’S HOWLING MOON TEA PARTY!
MAD MEN & MAD WOMEN we cordially invite you to join us for a spectacular evening of costumed revelry, fitness feasting, healthy harvest eats, tonics, libations, live music & dancing under the Mad Full Moon! RSVP
OPEN HEALTH BAR: Enjoy Seasonal Bites, Fit Treats & Potluck Tastings served along with SPECIALTY COCKTAILS Mad Hatter’s Tea Toddy & Vampire’s Bloody Punch!
LIVE MUSICAL PERFORMANCES throughout the evening featuring:
• THE SHAMANIC LUNATICS & special guest artists
• DJ BENGEY will be spinning thrilling, spine-tingling, monster party anthems in the Ohm Room.
• Step into the TIME WARP with a Dance Lesson provided by ZUMBA MANNY
• TAROT READINGS in the Tea Parlor by GYPSY ROSE
MADDEST HAT CONTEST:
Express your most outlandish fashion muscle for a chance to win Guest and Sauna Passes. The wilder, the radder the better! Points for Style & Creativity!
TRICKED OUT TREATS POTLUCK CONTEST:
Trick our palates with your yummiest, Healthy Halloween inspired dishes ala Mummy Meatloaf, Monster Mashed Cauliflower Witches Stew or Devilish Eggs.
Bring us your healthiest most creative and most ghoulishly delicious dishes. Be sure to leave out the icky processed fake food stuffs (anything in a boxed or canned)
PRIZE: Winners receive 1 month B.E.S.T. Membership (value $129), Cash Prize & recipe will be featured in our Fit Low Down Newsletter.
ALSO Raffle Prizes and special surprises throughout the night!
It will be a night of Magic and Mischief that you won’t want to miss 😉
ADMISSION: $15 or 2 for $25 / $7 with Potluck Dish
– Your dish should offer no less than 10 Servings as guests will be voting for their most favorite dish.
– Food should be ready to serve room temperature.
– Provide any necessary serving utensils. We will provide paper plates & eating utensils.
– Participants please email your recipes with ingredients including allergy warnings no later than 10/15.